“Excellent service and cuisine”

Walnut Hills Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 137 Restaurants in Vicksburg
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Crab cakes, gumbo, fresh peach cobbler.......yum!
Coming back ASAP!
Gingerbread martini by Lara and exceptional service by Leslie.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

My wife and I stayed in Vicksburg one night while driving cross country. We dined at the Walnut Hills and thoroughly enjoyed it. It has a genuine local feel and our dinners were the best jambalaya my wife had ever had. For me, the shrimp and grits were excellent as well. A friendly and pleasant server looked after us. Average wine list, with fair pricing. Worth seeking out... this was probably our favorite restaurant of our trip. You're best going earlier rather than later.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Gave this place a try based on the ratings. Based on all the reviews, the fried chicken was the specialty. We tried it and it was good, but not the best we've ever eaten. The portions were very good - more than enough. For a Friday night, the place was near empty which gave us the impression that this was a better lunch place than dinner. The price was a little steep - especially for fried chicken - at $21. In all an "o-k" experience, but doubt we will return -at least for supper.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We had lunch here and were impressed by the quick service and the quality of the food. We had the Plate Fried Chicken and the quantity was large. For this reason we suggest not eating at the lazy Susan unless you have a use appetite. Our observation was that the Susan's food was cool and twice the plate price.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

My niece had her wedding reception meal here for close family members. I thought that the staff handled our group well, though it was quite a task for two wait staff to handle a group of 25+ in a small room. They staff is very friendly and cordial and work hard. Our food was brought out is good time. The food was excellent. I had the shrimp and grits while my wife had the fried shrimp with sweet potato casserole. My wife really enjoyed the nice side salad too.

1  Thank RickyFlynt