Arrived at Island Colony in the evening and first thing we saw outside were a group of men that were drunk and it seemed they were homeless.
Check in was fine. On way up to room, there was another drunk person in the elevator with us. Hallways were very dingy.
Room as it was advertised and looked OK. Deadlock on door was broken- therefore not able to use it.
The feeling we had at this point was this place was not safe and were afraid to go down to lobby alone. Not good feeling.
As we slept I was bitten by bed bugs, on legs. Bites had to be medically treated!
That was it - we were out of there by early morning.
HORRIBLE BEGINNING TO A HOLIDAY.
DON'T EVEN BOTHER.
FAR FROM STRIP AND BEACH
(I have travelled alot and never had a experience like this)
We were even charged a 2 day penalty for leaving early and company has not even responded to my agent emails.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Skyline at Island Colony infuses the Honolulu cityscape with contemporary urban design in an ideal location just 2 blocks to the beach and near Waikiki's best shopping and dining. Soaring above the city, the hotel is the tallest building in Waikiki at 44-stories. Here you'll find modern 3-star accommodations and spectacular panoramic views of Waikiki's skyline and Diamond Head. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Skyline at Island Colony allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), beach towel and chari rentals, Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, you'll enjoy renovated studios and suites appointed with modern decor, deluxe bedding, kitchenettes with granite countertops and stovetops, spacious balconies, and 40" flat screen LCD TVs. Relax and lounge in the pool area and sundeck, featuring amazing views and BBQ grills for your use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aqua Skyline at Island Colony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Island Colony Hotel Honolulu
- Hotel Island Colony
- Island Colony Hotel
- Aqua Skyline At Island Colony Hawaii/Honolulu