27 people are viewing this hotel
Agoda.comUS$304
Trip.comUS$260
PricelineUS$304
1,510 results
All reviews front desk gateway hotel the penthouse room attendant abc store housekeeping staff boogie boards beach towels short walk to the beach valet parking corner room street noise ocean view hawaii waikiki housekeeper aloha
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 June 2022

The rooms felt very crammed while the pictures would show they are more spacious.

There is no microwave in our room and they asked as to upgrade to get one. We are used to having one in our room than pay extra.

My tip is to spend a little more on a nicer hotel in the area. Do no recommend.

1  Thank Donovan M
Craig N, Other at Hotel La Croix Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2022

Aloha Donovan M, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at the Hotel La Croix, especially since I was unable to meet or discuss your issues that you had during your stay with us. I would like to seriously hear and discuss in detail your stay so we may improve our guest experience to all our guests. I hope to hear from your soon, please email at CraigN@Lacroixhotels.com at your most earliest convenience.

Reviewed 22 June 2022 via mobile

I booked this hotel after reviewing comments on TripAdvisor but it turned out to be very far off from my expectation and what others have described. Photos being posted look way better than the actual room I would say. There’s no ventilation in the bathroom. I was told by front desk to inform them every single day if I want housekeeping; I needed to request them to please make a note that I would like housekeeping everyday during my stay, which is a pretty standard request. With the price they charge, I would definitely recommend paying a bit more to stay with a way more decent hotel in the Waikiki area, which was what I did during the second part of my trip.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank caroll306
Reviewed 20 June 2022

I dont usually write reviews online but i had to because this hotel did not lived up to any of my expectations (which is not even high) and had to caution anyone who is thinking to book. I decided to book this hotel after looking at the reviews here on Tripadvisor and was looking forward to my stay. Arrived early but was only told that our rooms can be ready after 3pm and we asked if we can do an early check in to wash up but the receptionist said she was working alone and she does not know what to do. (Red Flag #1).

Checked into our rooms (standard king and double queen) and realised the floor of both rooms was so sticky that it made our feet so black while walking around, toilet flush was not working (fixed after texting (Red Flag #2) the front desk and going down to check with them). The bathroom knob is so old and hard to manipulate, everything is just very old and not maintained.

One of my night, I requested for a kettle of hot water over the front desk and it only came after 45 mins and multiple reminders. I find it so difficult to communicate with the front desk whenever we have problems because they would only do it over texting. The room had nothing (red flag #3), no coffee maker (at least we could use this to boil some water), no complimentary water whatsoever.

Also you cannot see any ocean view if you are staying here as the door to the balcony is locked and sealed.

Overall, my family did not enjoy this stay at all and was disappointed by the whole experience despite looking forward to our first time to Waikiki. Photos and images on tripadvisor are misleading and people who liked this hotel probably stayed in the penthouse or something. Could have better spent the money staying at a chain hotel or somewhere else.

6  Thank jjazzr
Craig N, Other at Hotel La Croix Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Aloha jjazzr. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced at our hotel. I am deeply sorry that I was not able to assist in making your stay a better one and perhaps offer you options in different accommodations. We do offer electric kettles on request and I truly apologize if this was not offered to you when you where with us. Due to your feedback, we have changed our process to add an option for early arrival for our guests with a minimum charge. I would like to speak to you more about your stay and give us another opportunity to make it better for all our guests and thank you for your gift of feedback. Please email me directly at CraigN@Lacroixhotels.com

Reviewed 20 June 2022 via mobile

The rooms at hotel la croix are very nice and beautiful! Precious checked us in and was very sweet and helpful and guided us on our way! The pool is wonderful and an exercise room! fantastic place to stay :)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2022 via mobile

First time here. Actually booked a special 30 days out for the long weekend but when I checked pricing the week they went down. For a small increase I got the Ocean View Skyline Penthouse with kitchenette (comes with Monkeypod Room access).
Employees are very friendly and accommodations, changes, food order are done via website and they text! I was updated with food ordering, specials (happy hour at the pool bar). They have a salt water infinity pool, sauna and a small excessive room.
Conveniently located riggt off Kuhio and Kalakaua. Across from Ft DeRussy so the ocean views were great.
Access to the Monkeypod Room provides small refreshments and pastries. Really nice because we could stock a few things for overnight.
Very nice hotel since being renovated

Trip type: Travelled as a couple