“Euwww bed bugs!!”

Pacific Beach Hotel
Ranked #48 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
“Euwww bed bugs!!”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I don't know why on earth this place is still in business they should be put down or at least buy new beds with all that $$ the rip off people. Was here for 9 days & had bites on my body than my son & husband. It's amazing how many people have complained of the same problem but still continue. Will never again stay here. Big No No!

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank D1024
travelbygrayce, Public Relations Manager at Pacific Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Aloha - Mahalo, for taking the time to give us feed-back on your recent stay and we humbly apologize for not meeting your expectations. We have sent you a message through TripAdvisor for additional details and we are looking forward to your reply. Again, we do apologize and wish we had been notified of the problems mentioned during your stay with us. We pride ourselves on doing whatever it takes to meet our guests needs and expections. Again, please contact me to discuss the details.
A Hui Hou,
Grayce McCullough Corporate Director Public Relations and Marketing
graycem@hthcorp.com
808-441-4857

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (852)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Detroit
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I don't know where all the negative reviews are coming from. I didn't know what to expect after reading the reviews. I was even tempted to change hotels, but decided to take a chance and I'm glad I did. Me and my girlfriend ended up staying in the Oceanarium Tower which seemed to be the bad part from the reviews, but everything was great for our trip. We were checked in swiftly and the "seafood smell" that everybody talked about here wasn't even that bad. Give me a break.

Yes the furniture was a bit dated, but seriously who cares? The tv was new, the bed was more than comfortable, and the room was cleaned unless we had the do not disturb on the door. Our room was also very big although the bathroom was a bit small. Our view was of the city on the 7th floor facing Diamond Head and although not the greatest view, again who cares? We spent most of the day out of the hotel room and even at night, the view was more than enough. I also think this is the quiet side of the hotel so if possible ask for a room facing Diamond Head.

Everything was in walking distance but we also rented a car to see other parts of the island. Parking is 20 dollars a day and the garage is attached to the hotel so not a far walk. The hotel also offers free beach towels at the front desk if you ask. Unfortunately I only found out about it the day we left!

Again the beach is just a short walk across the street which is convenient. All in all it was a great experience and I would stay here again. My only real complaint would be about the elevators. The Ocenarium Tower has like 37 floors so you could be waiting for awhile at times if you stay in that tower.

Room Tip: Get a room facing Diamond Head for a quieter experience unless you must absolutely have a beachfront...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank detmi7mile
travelbygrayce, Public Relations Manager at Pacific Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Aloha, We are delighted that you gave us a chance to show you just what we can do to make our guests happy and content . The entire team here at the Pacific Beach Hotel does everything in their power to make sure your time with us memorable - we truly want your vacation to be the best. We appreciate the information about the beach towels and I will pass it on to the Executive Housekeeper (we should have tent cards in the room - so that you know where to get a beach towel) great suggestion and we will look into making it happen. Your right the location is the best - just a few short steps to the beach!! We appreciate your taking the time to give us your feed-back - it only helps us get better. We do hope that you will return soon and if there is anything I can do for you please let me know.
A Hui Hou......
Grayce McCullough - Corporate Director Public Relations and Marketing
graycem@hthcorp.com or 808-441-4857
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This was my first time in Oahu so i didnt now what to expect. I was dropped off outside the hotel and i thought that it didnt look much. Once inside it was a different story. The first thing you notice is the large Aquarium in the restaurant. Check in was swift and the girl who checked us in was very pleasant and helpful. My room was near the top of the hotel and my balcony looked out across the beach and i could see Diamond Head infront of me. The view was lovely. Breakfast was included with my trip so i went to the restaurant not knowing what i would get. I was pleasantly surprised by the variety on offer. This was the best selection of breakfast i have seen. Every morning you could have something different. The staff in the restaurant were so happy and pleasant that it made it a joy to eat there. I found the hotel to be withing walking distance of most of the shops. Yes when i was there it was busy but then again it is a city so i expected this. I found the hotel to be comfortable and most of all the staff were all really nice and pleasant. If i am ever lucky enough to visit again then i would chose the hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Sharon M
travelbygrayce, Public Relations Manager at Pacific Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Aloha,
Thank you so much for all your comments and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass all of the "ggod news" on in our staff meeting next week and I am sure that the department managers will be delighted to hear - about the front desk and the restaurant - you are so right the team in the Oceanarium Resturant is the best and they truly look after each guest as if they were family. I do hope that you were able to see our very own "Mermaid". I know that Scotland is far away (one of my favorite places) however, do come back and visit us soon. Please let me know if I can do anything for you. A Hui Hou (until we meet again).
Grayce McCullough Corporate Director Public Relations and Marketing - graycem@hthcorp.com
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Although this hotel in "on" Waikiki Beach, the pictures DO NOT show that there is avery busy street between the hotel and the beach. Camera angle is everything! Our room was Ocean View right in the front over looking the beach. However it also overlooked the street and the traffic. They have changed the area, adding a very large sidewalk with palm trees. The new shops also line the street, inviting many more people than normal. We listened to a guy with a bongo drum and one with a flute most of the evening as the played just outside of the hotel, making for our romance get away, not so romantic. We finally had to call security to have them move away from the area. At 11:00 at night, we had just about enough of the "music". Hopefully things will change in the future. Don't waste your money on an Ocean View when the partical-ocean view would work just fine without the noise from the street. The hotel itself was beautiful with wonderful staff persons. The Oceanarium restaurant was a bit pricey for the food but well worth viewing the fish, which the tank is three floors high!! Beds are comfortable and beach towels are available at the front desk. Parking in ramp at $20.00 per night.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ImaWingBiker
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Reviewed 30 January 2012

ALOHA. This is what we came to Waikiki for and we found it at the Pacific Beach hotel. This was are first hotel stay with our 10month old and we had a blast. We especially enjoyed the aquarium inside the hotel. We ate at the oceanarium the first night which was a great buffet. First day we spent at the beach in front of hotel. There was a nice break wall there to keep the water calm so my wife and son really enjoyed it. For the hotel it was very clean and we had an outstanding ocean view. Everyone was friendly and ready to help us if we needed. We travel around the world and we love the pacific beach hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Chris F
travelbygrayce, Public Relations Manager at Pacific Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Aloha and a "big" Mahalo for your comments. We do pride ourselves on our beachfront location and you are right - it is a great beach for families and swimmers. We appreciate your comments on the Oceanarium Restaurant buffet - the variety of dishes along with primerib and crab legs - makes it the ideal place for all ages of diners - something for everyone - we even have special "fish" plates for the children and I do hope that you enjoyed the Mermaid. I will pass your comments on to our teams - they do take personal pride in making sure that each guest feels the "Aloha Spirit". Again, Mahalo
and if I can be of any assistance - please feel free to contact me. A Hui Hou.......
Grayce McCullough - Corporate Director Publuic Relations and Customer Service