44 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$556
Sheraton.comUS$556
FindHotelUS$556
PricelineUS$556
EtripUS$556
eDreamsUS$556
7,578 results
All reviews infinity pool rum fire kai market edge bar rumfire bar ocean front family pool the club lounge diamond head koi pond the royal hawaiian pool staff busy hotel sea turtles resort fee oceanfront room large hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 June 2022 via mobile

Traveled with our daughter, SIL and a toddler. Called the hotel directly for reservations. They made sure we had connecting rooms. The hotel was recently remodeled. Rooms are modern and spacious. Convenient location to shopping, restaurants and right at the beach. Pools were great. Booking tours were easy in the lobby and across the street. Taxis were readily available. No need to rent a car. Staff was friendly. Will stay at Sheraton again!

Room tip: Book a high floor overlooking the pool, beach and Diamond Head. Don’t miss the Triple Mango at Baskin & Robin by the pool.
Reviewed 13 June 2022 via mobile

The Sheraton staff made this trip great! Housekeeping (Donah) was so sweet and kept our room in great shape so we always came back from the beach to a clean room. The pool staff did exceptionally well; they even had character appearances (Spider-Man and Little Mermaid) that the kids loved! Morning Yoga and Zumba classes were wonderful. Restaurant staff was helpful and interactive (although food prices are high relative to other restaurants around the hotel). Concierge helped us find the best must-do activities on the island. Overall, it was the staff that made this hotel great!

1  Thank Y5000FUtoml
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2022

Aloha Y5000FUtoml,

Mahalo for choosing Sheraton Waikiki. We are dedicated to providing an inspiring and relaxing atmosphere for all of our guests, and we appreciate you mentioning our accomplishments. Also, we are delighted to know you were pleased with our colleagues, especially Donah, and will be sure to pass along your kind words. It was our pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to our next opportunity to provide you with another exceptional stay.

Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team

Reviewed 12 June 2022

Upon arrival, we received a warm welcome from a front desk agent named Dereck. Although I was not due to check in for another three days, I expressed my concern about the bed size of the room we booked and asked if we could see a room. Dereck immediately began asking additional questions about our length of stay, group size, etc., while looking at my reservation. I could see a grin on Dereck's face as he saw I had the Marriott Bonvoy app open on my phone as he clicked away behind the computer to see what options were available. He asked that I refresh my app, and to my surprise, he had upgraded us to a magnificent Ohana suite - 2 bedroom suite. I was utterly shocked as I was fully prepared to keep the room we originally booked with the addition of a roll-away bed. My family and I greatly appreciated the kind gesture. Full disclosure I am a Platinum Elite Bonvoy member. Upgrade or not, the hotel exceeded our expectations in every way. The housekeepers on our floor greeted us every morning and made sure to ask if we needed anything. Jamie at the lobby ensured all my questions were answered. The staff at the Kai market were kind and gracious. The property itself was clean & renovated as opposed to other Sheratons I have stayed in the past. There is an adult & kids pool. My only complaint was the pool chairs/cabanas closest to the pool are outsourced to a separate company. Reservations are required in advance and can fill up quickly. It would be nice if the chairs could be included in the amenity fee. Overall a 10/10 stay, you will be doing yourself a disservice if you stay anywhere else!

Room tip: All the balconies are huge - get an ocean view if you can!
1  Thank TripAdvis0rUser100
Reviewed 11 June 2022

I can’t possibly say enough good things about the Sheraton Waikiki and the experience my wife and I have had throughout our stay. It truly was the epicenter of our anniversary vacation.

Let’s start with the rooms. Our Kai Ocean Suite was spacious, fully-furnished with all of the amenities one would expect from a high-end hotel, and the hotel’s exceptional housekeeping team ensured that it stayed just as fresh and inviting as when we first entered.

The resort is convenient to all Waikiki area dining and shopping, and we were able to keep busy making memories instead of wasting time driving around looking for things to do.

Both of the resort pools were clean, spacious, and safe. We booked pool cabanas in advance for each day, which made bouncing from the pool to the beach and back easy, as well as walking a few steps away to enjoy lunch each day at RumFire restaurant.

What makes Sheraton Waikiki genuinely exceptional is the quality and care of its well-trained and hospitable staff. The service we received was nothing less than astounding, and we are deeply grateful to the entire team. We want to especially acknowledge Sheraton team members Joo Ah Ige, Jason Kim, and Tom Calame for their dedication and attention to detail. In a lot of ways, this dedication to their guests is what made the stay so memorable.

If you’re heading to Honolulu, you HAVE to stay at the Sheraton Waikiki. It’s one hotel you’re never going to forget.

2  Thank bnntt
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2022

Aloha bntt,

Mahalo, for your recent anniversary stay at the Sheraton Waikiki and for posting such a generous review. We are thrilled to know you and your wife loved not only our accommodations, amenities, and location, but also our hospitality spirit. We will be sure to share your compliments with our housekeeping team as well as all the associates mentioned to keep them motivated. It is a pleasure to know we exceeded your expectations. We enjoyed being a part of such a special day of your life and hope to celebrate many more happy occasions with you in the future.

Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team

Reviewed 2 June 2022

View good, location good, beachfront access.

I was so excited to stay here only to be highly disappointed. The front desk staff were not that welcoming. Our room had broken outlets, broken mirror with tape on it, large stain on desk chair, toilet smelled, few pillows smelled--like that disgusting old musty sweat smell, dirty cups even though it was wrapped in plastic! The housekeeper turned AC off one of the days so the room was really hot when getting back after a long day.

The pools close at 8pm which is ridiculous because you're on VACATION and I'm sure most people would agree on keeping it open a little longer considering the $50 per day resort fee. Most days, we explored Oahu, so we got back to resort late...would've been nice to jump in the pool after a long day. There's also a $45 per day parking fee if you self-park. Any equipment on the beach or reserved equipment at the pool had a fee. Homeless people were camped out on their beach. There weren't any convenient snack/coffee areas that stayed open late at night. So, what good is this resort fee.

No one ever mentioned that there were complimentary fruits/snacks for breakfast. We even asked at check in if breakfast was free....this is the moment when the check in staff could have kindly informed us about the complimentary fruits! It would have really made this stay a little better. Since they said no, we just never went to that area.

Lastly, we heard fireworks on our last night. No one mentioned anything about fireworks! Our room was to the side, so we could only see a tiny bit of the fireworks. I was actually finishing showering so by the time I got out, it was about done. It probably would've been a spectacular sight over the water, but no one mentioned this at all!

This was my first time in Hawaii, was super excited about this resort, spent lot of money not just at this resort but on these islands (we also explored Big Island prior to Oahu), but I just came home feeling bummed about not getting my money's worth at this resort, so I will not be staying here again nor recommend it.

Date of stay: May 2022
2  Thank Z3407QEjm
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2022

Aloha Z3407QEjm,

Mahalo for evaluating your stay at our hotel. We always want our guests to have a pleasant stay, but we apologize for the maintenance and cleanliness issues you encountered in your room. We certainly understand the frustration this caused and will share your concerns with the appropriate team to improve our service and facilities. Additionally, we are sorry if our front desk did not inform you about the complimentary breakfast and will use this as a learning experience to communicate more diligently going forward. Furthermore, we regret your disappointment with the timing of our pool and parking fees. We are grateful for your patience, and we hope you will consider a return visit so that we can make it up to you.

Guest Experience Team