6,724 results
All reviews infinity pool rum fire kai market edge bar rumfire bar the club lounge ocean front family pool diamond head the royal hawaiian pool staff spg gold koi pond busy hotel spg member resort fee japanese tourists
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a few days last Christmas and ended up having to walk through the hotel again this trip. From now on I’m going to be really informative about my reviews... here goes. They have multiple pools. Two are infinity pools that drop off right at the ocean ( this hotel has no beach) they have kinda a lazy river pool that I enjoy a little better, they infinity pools where very nice but a little more for being seen. Beaches are on either site of this hotel via the boardwalks. Waikiki to the left as your facing the ocean and fort derussy. Waikiki is always packed but I like the waves and de russybhas a nice green park in back with shaded areas

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Right smack-dab in the middle of Waikiki Beach,we had a ocean front room on the 28th floor. The room was spotless and kept in good shape. One very small thing I liked was the bottled water was free. We spent most of our time at the adults-only infinity pool or at the adjacent bar.You can grab your towels and walk on over to the bigger pool with the water slide or on thru to Waikiki beach and play in the surf and sand. Centrally located to all things Waikiki. If you want luxury, amenities and proximity to night life, this is the place.

Room Tip: I would also look at the southern facing rooms where you have a look at Diamond Head and the early morning rising sun.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davebondo
StarwoodWaikiki1, Manager at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Aloha davebondo,
Thank you for choosing to stay with at Sheraton Waikiki during your last stay on Oahu. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your valuable feedback and comments here on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of our location, the breathtaking infinity pool and Edge of Waikiki Bar and the amenities we offer in room and on property. We hope to welcome you again should your travel plans bring you back to Honolulu in the near future.

Mari K.
Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Was not expecting to have such a pleasant week staying here again. Even though it was the busy Thanksgiving/Black Friday Week [and average weather], we still managed to have a great time.
From the moment Reggie checked us in and gave us the best available SPG Upgrade, I had a feeling it was going to be a good stay. The bracelet-type room key and free wifi modem are much needed bonuses towards the rest Fee costs.
We spent most days by the amazing Infinity Pool, conversing with Pool Boy Jones and other guests. Relaxation was the key.
I recommend this great hotel. Yes! It still needs a few touch-ups. It still is understandbly a haven for Japanese tourists BUT its location cannot be beaten for Pools and beach options.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Aloha BozzaM,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at Sheraton Waikiki during your most recent visit to Waikiki. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your positive comments to both Reggie and Jones.

We're also happy to hear that you found both our convenient RFID room key bracelets and complimentary Mi-Fi useful. We look forward to welcoming you back again should Hawaii be in your travel plans in the future.

Mari K.
Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Excellent location and good staff

Lovely clean spacious hotel - glad we went for ocean view. Beds good although more king size rather than 2 double would have suited us. It seems that most US hotels charge a resort fee (apparently to cover Wi-fi, water in the room and bean bags in the pool) - allow an extra $33 per
Person per day for that (its
Mandatory) - adds significantly to room cost of a holiday especially when you also have to add taxes.

Loved the Japanese Loos

Very Japanese focussed. 90% I reckon.

Infinity pool looked good but was disappointing- shallow and busy. It’s the only adult only area. Other pools had quite a few children. Sheraton also charge extra for:
Cabanas (think about $40 per day)
Beds in or adjacent to the pool/those with a nice comfy mattress - any beds in very short supply/crammed together and it was low season

Overall drink and food prices high - quality reasonable

Ps
For the brits - tipping recommended at 18-25% for basic service we would expect

Stayed: December 2017
Casey O, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Aloha JOD1158,

I am sorry to hear inconvenience during your stay but I am so glad you loved the location, cleanliness, and staff services. We have shared your feedbacks with management staff and do hope to welcome you again at Sheraton Waikiki.

Sue L.
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 7 December 2017

One of the reasons I enjoy staying at the Sheraton Waikiki is because the location is fantastic. What makes my stay memorable is the club lounge supervisor, Stephen. He actually remembered my sister and me from our last visit 2 years ago. He greeted us by name and made sure all of our needs were not only met, but exceeded. He is warm and sincere and engages with all of the guests as if we are all personal friends.
I do wish the hotel rooms and specifically the bathrooms were renovated but Stephen is the reason why I choose this property over others! Please make sure he never leaves!
I would also like to mention the great housekeeping service and in particular, Adelina. Our room was serviced promptly when requested and was immaculate every day.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family