6,630 results
All reviewsinfinity poolrum firekai marketedge barrumfire barthe club loungeocean frontfamily pooldiamond headthe royal hawaiianpool staffspg goldkoi pondspg memberbusy hotelresort feesea turtles
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Excellent location and good staff

Lovely clean spacious hotel - glad we went for ocean view. Beds good although more king size rather than 2 double would have suited us. It seems that most US hotels charge a resort fee (apparently to cover Wi-fi, water in the room and bean bags in the pool) - allow an extra $33 per
Person per day for that (its
Mandatory) - adds significantly to room cost of a holiday especially when you also have to add taxes.

Loved the Japanese Loos

Very Japanese focussed. 90% I reckon.

Infinity pool looked good but was disappointing- shallow and busy. It’s the only adult only area. Other pools had quite a few children. Sheraton also charge extra for:
Cabanas (think about $40 per day)
Beds in or adjacent to the pool/those with a nice comfy mattress - any beds in very short supply/crammed together and it was low season

Overall drink and food prices high - quality reasonable

Ps
For the brits - tipping recommended at 18-25% for basic service we would expect

Stayed: December 2017
Casey O, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Aloha JOD1158,

I am sorry to hear inconvenience during your stay but I am so glad you loved the location, cleanliness, and staff services. We have shared your feedbacks with management staff and do hope to welcome you again at Sheraton Waikiki.

Mahalo,

Sue L.
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 7 December 2017

One of the reasons I enjoy staying at the Sheraton Waikiki is because the location is fantastic. What makes my stay memorable is the club lounge supervisor, Stephen. He actually remembered my sister and me from our last visit 2 years ago. He greeted us by name and made sure all of our needs were not only met, but exceeded. He is warm and sincere and engages with all of the guests as if we are all personal friends.
I do wish the hotel rooms and specifically the bathrooms were renovated but Stephen is the reason why I choose this property over others! Please make sure he never leaves!
I would also like to mention the great housekeeping service and in particular, Adelina. Our room was serviced promptly when requested and was immaculate every day.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrea E
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Had a great trip to Honolulu. We stayed at the Sheraton Waikiki. The location was perfect. Across the street from a great beach. The rooms were nicely furnished and clean The pool area was clean and furnished with towels and lots of chairs and lounges for everyone. We hope to stay again.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

This was my 4th time staying at the Sheraton Waikiki. My wife and I love this hotel! We were in room 1858. It’s a Deluxe ocean with one of the best views the hotel offers. It looks down Waikiki beach toward diamond head. The infinity pool is a great place to spend half the day drinking and swimming. We ate at the Kai Market once for breakfast and the other mornings we went to Surf Lanai at the Royal Hawaiian and the Banyan Veranda at the Moana.
The rooms are average in size but very comfortable. The location is literally the best one on Waikiki beach! The staff do a really good job here too. We got a courtesy room the last day after checkout since our flight didn’t leave till 10:00pm.
The only complaint I have with the Sheraton is that on Friday and Saturday nights they turn Rum Fire into a loud nightclub that none of the guests want. The only people who go there are loud, drunk idiots who are not staying at the hotel. Note to management: Get rid of the stupid nightclub and cater to your paying guests instead. I will continue to stay here when in Waikiki but not on Friday or Saturday nights until they mix the nightclub scene at Rumfire.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jace M
Reviewed 4 December 2017

We stayed here for our honeymoon September last year. This is a old hotel but has been renovated constantly to look modern. Pay extra to get a beach-side view to wake up too. Definitely worth it. We also loved the fact there was a adults-only pool. Great location and walking distance to the main strip of shops & the cheesecake factory.

Room Tip: Get a beach view room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple