US$257
US$188
Outrigger.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$241/night.

US$281
US$229
  • Beachfront
US$253
US$185
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$223/night.

Aqua Oasis(Honolulu)
US$244
US$222
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
OHANA Waikiki Malia by Outrigger(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
US$169
Hotels.com
US$713
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$627
  • Beachfront
6,528 results
All reviewsinfinity poolrum firefrozen grapeskai marketedge barrumfire barthe club loungeocean frontfamily pooldiamond headthe royal hawaiianpool staffspg goldbusy hotelspg membersea turtlesresort fee
Reviewed 5 August 2009

My wife and I visited the Sheraton Waikiki for our 13th Anniversary June 27th - July 1st. The hotel was wonderful. It's a great location in the middle of the action. The hotel was still being remodeled so it wasn't quite the complete experience but the work that has been so far is beautiful. The rooms were great and exactly what we needed after a long day out and about. We were on the 24th floor on the Diamond Head side. I think my favorite part was the view from the shower. The entire room had a great view but I was most impressed with the fact that I got the same view of Diamond Head, the ocean and beach even from the shower. There are shutters that open from the bathroom to the room and the shower curtain is see-through at eye level so you can take in the sights even while getting ready in the morning. It was incredible. The Superpool is the other exceptional amenity this hotel has going for it. And when the new all-adult pool is complete it will be even better (less crowded). The waterslide was great, the waterfall was fun and the water was nice and warm. Food and drink served poolside or at the connecting Rumfire were good. Only downside was the fact that parking even for hotel guests cost $20/day. I know most other hotels charge too but it would be a great added value if it was included or at least cheaper than the current price. Check in was fast, the staff was very friendly and helpful with all of our needs.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank overplanning
Reviewed 4 August 2009

This is one big hotel, too big. At least I was on the 9th floor and not 20 something. They even have an employee pushing the up button for the elevator in the lobby. It was also very crowded, especially the pool. The pool needs to be bigger for such a large hotel. I think they are adding another pool that was still under construction. Later in the day, the pool wasn't so crowded. The hotel is right on the beach and you can walk to a place to rent surf boards for 10 dollars.

You could tell the room was older and a little worn. The bed wasn't as nice as the one at the Hyatt on Maui. But I got this room for 100 dollars on priceline. It was fine to me since I was hardly in the room except to sleep. I didn't try any restaurants here. I'm not even sure where they all were.

The hotel is in a good location. Tons of shopping and restaurants in easy walking distance. I know there are better hotels on Waikiki beach, but if you are looking for something in a lower price range but still beach front, then this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2009
4  Thank twinkles200000
Reviewed 4 August 2009

The rooms in this hotel were very spacious. We had a partial ocean view room, and we had plenty of view of the ocean. We were facing away from Diamond Head, but if we wanted to see Diamond Head, all we had to do was go downstairs.

We had a series of nice breakfasts in "Ingredients" on the first floor past the Peet's Coffee. Not expensive, but a limited selection. The coffee was Kona, and reasonably priced.

We enjoyed the pool and the slide. The slide line never really got overly long, and the staff did an excellent job of monitoring the kids getting on and off. While the pool did get a bit crowded, it was never overly so. There is a nice set of splash fountains for the kids to play in as well. Towel check in and check out was via a card given to you at registration.

If you go to the beach, be aware that the lounges are by rental. We went down at the end of the day and just grabbed one. No one bothered us. But in the morning, we did the same thing and they shooed us away. My guess is that in the afternoon, we were sitting in one someone else had paid for.and that it didn't matter. The beach area was nice, and not very wavy. We were able to make a nice sand castle. We brought our own beach toys, but the ones they have are only moderately overpriced.

We ate at the Royal Hawaiian lounge next door, which was nice. They had a hula dancer that gave the kids instructions. The shrimp pizza there was very good.

At the Sheraton, one of the bars overlooks the pool, which is a great way to watch the kids while having a drink. The menu was extremely limited there, but it was not bad and was just enough. From the bar, there is a good view of Diamond Head in addition to the pool.

It's a bit of a hike to get to anything besides other Waikiki stuff from there. But that's true of any Waikiki hotel.

The room was always well cleaned, and I don't recall having to call down to get anything at all at any time. The beds were super comfy and met the high Sheraton standards. The in-room thermostat worked very well and we were able to adjust it easily.

I think we had the room in the hotel the furthest from the elevator, and it was a bit of a walk, but it was not bad.

The construction didn't affect our stay at all, but it was a bit odd to go up the escalator to get to the elevators. There are a couple of elevators that go all the way to the first floor, so if it's a problem, just go past the escalator to the first floor elevator lobby.

I might consider using the valet parking if you have a car. It's $5 more per night, and the self-parking lot is a bit cramped if you have a larger car. One evening (I think Saturday night), we had quite a bit of difficulty finding a spot in the garage.

I found the concierge to be totally unhelpful, both to me and to everyone in line ahead of me, in suggesting things to do. It was more a brochure distribution service with no suggestions of why some things were better than others.

If i were going to go back to Oahu, I would definitely consider this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank christens02
Reviewed 2 August 2009

My 17 yr. ols daughter and I stayed from July 24 - 30 and we loved it! Tips: join AAA for the cheapest hotel rate (for what you spend on the AAA membership you will save much more for the room; join the Sheraton Prefered Club for free before you go and ask for a complimentary upgrade when you arrive (we were upgraded to a room with a view of Diamond Head and Waikiki beach!); eat a huge Grand Slam Breakfast at Denny's (2 blocks away) for $8 instead of at the hotel for $15 - $28!; Share a sandwich for lunch at Peet's Coffee (in the hotel lobby) for $10 (so fresh and yummy) and get your frosty drink there too and save $$$ instead of ordering from the pool side waitresses; go to the local and close ABC stores all over the place for cheap bottled water (the tap water is fine!) sunsreen, snacks, rafts, goggles, etc.; DON'T pay to go on a snorkle trip because giant sea turtles and coral are everywhere right outside the Sheraton! DO buy or bring goggles so you can see them!; DO get up early and reserve your pool chair in the pool!; DON'T expect great sea food in Honolulu - suprisingly there isn't any; Lastly, watch your stuff! people steal like crazy at the pool and beach so DON'T bring anything but your room key to the pool/beach. I had my raft, flip floops, and AAA map and tour book stolen!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
8  Thank CA_Blond
Reviewed 31 July 2009

I stayed at the Sheraton Waikiki with my wife from July 23 until July 30. This is by far one of the best vacation we have ever had. We've been to Bermuda, Bahamas, Key West, Myrtle Beach, Jamaica, St Lucia, Cancun, Cozumel and Belize. Waikiki tops them all. The hotel is very clean and the staff was very friendly. The location is right in the middle of all the action from shopping, dining, entertainment and activities. If you like everything near you, this is the place. If you want peace and quiet, go to North Shore or the other islands. Even the quiet areas are within a short drive. You can go anywhere in Oahu and find a beach with hardly anyone around you. You also have a wide range of shopping activities from basic souvenirs to high end clothing and jewelry. We are already making plans to return within one year, this time with more friends and family. This beats all the other places we have been to.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple