13 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$438
PricelineUS$438
Hotels.comUS$438
eDreamsUS$438
Expedia.comUS$438
Agoda.comUS$438
6,335 results
All reviews the banyan tree rocking chairs tower wing oldest hotel waikiki beach beautiful hotel heavenly bed ocean view old hawaii diamond head an umbrella resort fee our honeymoon the royal hawaiian per day mai tai an upgrade
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2019

We 'moved' to this hotel because our original booking was very disappointing. This hotel is beautiful, the staff is pleasant and helpful and the food is good. A 4 not a 5 because the bed was not comfortable (unusual for a Westin) and the coffee pot and hairdryer really should be updated. But Moana Surfrider is probably the nicest hotel on Waikiki Beach. I especially liked that I could reserve an umbrella and chairs for the day ($$) - best to do it at least a day ahead of time. Then you are assured you have a spot all day even if you come and go.

Room tip: rooms in the tower are more updated
2  Thank Sandra G
Reviewed 11 August 2019 via mobile

Worst experience among my 600 stays with SPG and Marriott, Even I am an ambassdor of Marriott/SPG, I have to say this. 1) the staff was rude and unprofessional; 2) the housing keeping hardly cleaned the room and tried to enter without my permission; 3) the very loud false alarm happened 6 times at 5am and woke up my families for multiple times, and there is no apology at all. Definitely avoid this hotel. There are enough great resorts nearby to choose. 这是我遇到的最差的SPG/万豪酒店了。做为一个大使级的万豪会员都要劝大家绝对不要来。1)前台粗鲁和不专业。2)打扫房间不干净,还在为不允许的情况下进入。3)更糟的是半夜5点警报多次错误响起,吵醒我们很多次

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank tongc872
TehaniK4, Guest Relations Manager at Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2019

Aloha tongc872,

As a Westin resort, our mission is to be a partner in our guests’ well-being, ensuring that they leave us feeling better than when they arrived. So it is with deep regret to learn of your comments regarding the inconsistencies in our staff service, guestroom maintenance, and overall interactions around the hotel. Please allow us this opportunity to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment you experienced, as the conditions you describe are not representative of our Westin standards of service. We'd also like to apologize for the fire alarm disruption during your stay. This was not a false alarm, but an event that triggered the activation of our fire alarm system. Our Security and Engineering team identified the source of the alarm and corrected the issue.

Please know that we take our guest feedback seriously, and we will be ensuring that our management teams are made aware of your comments to increase our service levels so that our team can provide the care and aloha that is expected when traveling to Hawaii.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to regain your confidence and welcome you back to the Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa to experience the personal, instinctive service of a Westin resort.

Me Ke Aloha Pumehana (with warm aloha),
Tehani Kaopua Brown
Guest Service Team

Reviewed 9 August 2019

We’ve stayed several times at the Moana and have been very happy, but this last time was exceptional due to the excellent customer service from Joseph at the front desk. It was a very busy time but he went above and beyond, our room was great- beautiful view and it made it so nice and relaxing. This hotel is right on the beach, close to all the restaurants and shops. We look forward to returning as soon as possible!!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Lovetogolf71
Reviewed 8 August 2019 via mobile

We love Waikiki but it is getting seriously expensive
Don’t forget to add tourist tax and the $38 daily “ resort fee” to whatever price you get for the room.
Add $60 a day to hire a chair ( or get to your free poollounger by 6 am they are so scarce ) .
So Summary - expensive but sometimes you just gotta pay as ( if you like packed beaches, and people watching and glorious views ) the hotel is beautiful

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank wielands530
MarriottWaikiki4, Manager at Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2019

Aloha wielands530,

Mahalo for choosing to stay with us at the Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa. I am pleased to hear you had enjoyed the Moana's timeless and classic beauty. However, please accept my apologies that you had not found value in our resort charge. Our daily resort charge does include a multitude of offerings for our guests to enjoy. These include use of a MIFI (portable WIFI), one 4x6 photo at Magic Memories, one day GoPro rental, Moana tote bag, activities (daily yoga, lei making, Historic Tour, surf instructions), etc. We will be sharing your comments with our team. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back one day soon.

Mahalo,
Karen W.
Guest Experience Team

Reviewed 8 August 2019

Beware of staying at this hotel, as I now fear for my safety here. At around 10:30pm this evening, an alarm went off throughout the entire hotel saying there has been an emergency in the hotel, and everyone must evacuate. The entire hotel is leaving their rooms, and when we get downstairs, no one has any idea what’s going on. Everyone is panicking, concerned as to what was going on, and the staff had no idea that there was an alarm going off. Their response was simply “it must be a false alarm.” Not at all reassuring. When many people begin asking to hear from a manager or security to let us know if we’re ok, no one would come. The staff begins yelling at us, showing no empathy, or even trying to see what the situation is. After finally returning to my room, I called BonVoy to see if they can help me get an explanation of what’s going on, and if we’re safe. They reached out to the hotel, but the message they relayed back to me was “they are changing shifts right now, and will get back to you in 5 minutes or tomorrow morning.” It has now been over 20 minutes, and no one has reached back out to me from the hotel to tell me what’s going on.

This is UNACCEPTABLE, and makes me fear for my safety in the case that there may be a real emergency. The staff here doesn’t seem to be able to handle these situations. The service is awful in that no one can answer my questions, or even get back to me to tell me what’s going on.

I do NOT recommend this hotel, and I don’t recommend anyone to stay here. Your safety and concerns do not matter to the staff here.

Trip type: Travelled on business
7  Thank lindsayjm1986

Aloha lindsayjm1986,

The safety of our guests and associates is always our number one priority. We sincerely apologize for the alarms that were triggered during your stay. And sincerely regret the inconveniences and frustrations that had been caused. Our team has been connecting with our guests to provide explanations to the situation. If a member of our team has not already reached out to you please visit us at the Front Desk so we may connect with you. Once again, we truly apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We look forward to turn around this experience so you may experience the true Moana "First Lady, First Class" stay.

Me Ke Aloha Pumehana (with warm aloha),