We stayed here for two weeks recently. A business trip for me and a vacation for my family. Our room was on the 12 floor so noise from the outside did not reach us. Unfortunately for us and our neighbor, our room had one of those locked doors to the next room and sound travels through it pretty easily. This meant that we could hear their kids and TV. I'm pretty sure they heard our baby crying at night too.
Our room was pretty nice in appearance. Everything was like new and the beds were comfortable. There's even a Keurig machine with cups that gets refilled by the housekeeper. The bathroom corner has a sliding door that separates the glass enclosed shower and toilet from the rest of the room. The sink is outside of that corner. A drawback of this is that there are only 2 knobs to act as hooks in the shower/toilet area. Something of note is that there are no screens on the window doors and we had a few pigeon visitors who calmly toured our room.
Customer service was nice but the front desk personnel could use some more training on their computer system. Fortunately, they were happy to learn something new that was usually handled by a different shift. Maintenance was prompt and issues were handled promptly.
The location of this hotel is pretty convenient. The International Marketplace is across the street for those interested in shopping. The Food Pantry market is across another street for relatively inexpensive food. Getting to the valet parking area was confusing at first as it was not on Kuhio Avenue but instead on Walina Street. The person I called at the hotel was helpful in guiding us there.
The valet service was good overall. It's better to call down to ask them to get your car instead of waiting to reach their stand to do it. I've had one instance where the person forgot to get my car after scanning my card.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand-new Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki Beach puts you within minutes of Waikiki Beach and the many exciting attractions in Oahu, Hawaii. Walk to the beach and experience surfing, SUP boarding, and may other fun activities. 623 guestrooms and suites are available including both king and double queen guestrooms. These well designed rooms include a mini-refrigerator, microwave, 46" HDTV with premium cable, and complimentary WiFi internet access. Some rooms feature a view of the city or beach. Most rooms have a balcony with seating where you can enjoy the beautiful Hawaiian cityscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ohana Waikiki West Honolulu
- Ohana West Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu