We are a couple in early 60's traveling for pleasure. Stayed here 5 nights pre cruise and 4 nights post cruise. We found things very much as described by others. The location is very convenient to beach and center of Waikiki and we walked most places, The courtyard is very pleasant and has a small hot tub,4 person max to be comfortable, water temperature was hot but not too hot and the staff kept it filled or quickly responded if asked. There used to be a spa in the courtyard but it is closed and I meant to ask if the hotel was planning to use the space for something else such as a small gym room which would be a great idea. I enjoyed the ice tea, lemonade, lemon water and coffee available in the lobby plus the large bowl of apples . The staff was generally very friendly and always responded quickly to any requests. The Thursday night get together was a nice touch.
We had two different rooms on the 9th floor facing the courtyard with a little view of the ocean. One of the balconies was closed in one room due to repairs but it was not the one facing the courtyard with furniture and we were gone during the day so did not hear any noise. Each room was a little different with its own good and bad points but both were very clean . There was a bit of wear on some furniture or loose plaster on some areas near air conditioner or patio door but nothing terrible. Beds in both rooms were very comfortable, sheets nice and the towels were very good. Both had single cup coffee makers with pod type grounds supplied daily. The wait between cups was a little irritating. The layouts of the two rooms were different. One had the kitchenette and desk areas in a different small room from the bed area , had a smaller bathroom counter but did have a wall cabinet which was nice. The bathroom sink seemed too small for the fixture and usually oversprayed a bit. This room had two nightstands and lamps which were appreciated. Both rooms included robes which were terry lined and a bit too warm some of the time but appreciated. The other room had the desk, kitchenette and bed all in one room. The kitchen area was nicer than the first, more counter space,larger sink and cabinets but the microwave was on a shelf which I would deem too high. The bathroom had been updated with a nice counter which extended over the toilet for storage but no separate wall cabinet. The sink in this room was a good size for the fixture which was bamboo shaped. The bed was placed right next to the lanai so access was not as easy and there was only one night stand which did not make one person happy.The sheer curtain in this room had a small hole and little tear that I noticed but this was no big deal. We could hear street noise even on the 9th floor but that was mostly sirens. I don't know if having double pane glass would help as somebody suggested but you are in the middle of a city so expect some noise. Some of the floor tiles in the hallway were cracked or missing a piece but this is an older hotel which has been pretty well maintained. We were very happy in general and would return. I have tried to be factual about this report as I felt that I had a good idea of what to expect by reading reviews and feel realistic expectations can only improve an experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki is an intimate, Southeast Asian-inspired, boutique hotel located 1 1/2 blocks to the beach. If you're looking for a true oasis in the heart of Waikiki with a lush outer sanctuary including a saltwater pool with waterfall, jet spa, barbeque grill and cabana, look no further. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Bamboo allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towel and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, studios and suites include a 32-inch LCD TV, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, and stove-top. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Aqua Bamboo Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo And Spa
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu