After staying at the Hyatt in the middle of Waikiki recently, we were torn about whether to book this hotel. The price was great. The location we thought was fine because we wanted to shop at Ala Moana and, in the other direction, we knew Waikiki was only a short walk away. We just worried that if we booked something so much cheaper than the Hyatt it might not be very nice.
On arrival we were still unsure. The first room we went into was on a low floor and seemed very noisy (traffic) so we asked to change. We were given a higher floor which was still a bit noisy but with the air con on the traffic was drowned out.
Very quickly, though, we settled in and decided this hotel was actually an excellent choice. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was not brand new but worked perfectly well and everything was clean.
I really liked the laundry located right next to the pool which was right next to the gym, so you could wait for your clothes to wash/dry without wasting time or having to leave them there and go away. We enjoyed lying by the pool as did a few other guests.
As mentioned the hotel's an easy walk to Ala Moana shopping mall which we loved. We also actually walked all the way across Waikiki, up to the top of Diamond Head and back to the Ramada. I wouldn't recommend this, though, unless you're on a crazy fitness drive like we were.
A couple of other recommendations: go to the Wailana coffee lounge for breakfast. Old school American type diner which we (as foreigners) found kind of charming. We liked the i-Hop too! Both these restaurants are on the street outside the hotel (turn left and walk a few metres). Also, there's a car hire place really close to this hotel where we picked up a vehicle for the day and drove up to the North Shore and back via the pineapple plantation. That was a memorable day.
In short, this hotel was a great choice because it wasn't hugely expensive but gave us everything we wanted. I enjoyed it very much and would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha and E Komo Mai! Located at the beginning of Waikiki, we are an off beach property offering affordable accommodations with NO resort fees! We are within walking distance to the beach, Ala Moana Shopping Center and the Hawaii Convention Center! All guest rooms come with free WI-FI, charging station for electronic devices, microwave, mini-fridge,in-room safe, HDTV including free HBO, coffee maker, hair dryer, bathroom amenities, iron/ironing board. Also free use of the Fitness Center and Business station. Start your morning with fresh coffee, tea, and iced water in the hotel lobby. Parking is normally $25.00 per night but become a Wyndham Rewards member, and parking is reduced to $20.00 per night plus earn points towards a free stay at any Wyndham property. Public transportation (The Bus) is available in front of the hotel. Explore and experience the island culture - visit our concierge/activities desk in the lobby for all your tours and adventures and build great memories of your Hawaiian vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Plaza Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Waikiki
- Holiday Inn Honolulu
- Honolulu Holiday Inn
- Ramada Plaza Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu