“Les A”

Ranked #59 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Les A”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Great property!! Accomodations are clean and updated, rooms are spacious and well equiped. Staff service is excellent lots of aloha. Location is very convenient with close by freeway access making getting to anywhere in Honolulu relatively quick.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer a better view. Ground floor is convenient close to parking.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Les A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Korean first
Mililani Town, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2012

So my son and I were getting ready to take a shower when this cockroach as big as my thumb jumped from the drain. My son freaked out and almost slipped on the bathtub running away for his life (I'm not exaggerating, surely you've seen how some preschoolers react to pests, even grown-ups jump when they see a yucky cockroach). In panic, I grabbed a towel and tried to hit the roach, I ended up hitting the faucet with my middle finger. Adrenaline was still rushing in me though so I was able to pick up the wiggling roach and lock it in the trash bag, that's when I was able to assure my son that the bathroom is safe. In the shower, I realized I can't move my middle finger and that it was bruised and swollen. I called the operator for some first aid but she forwarded me to the manager who just said he'll call the emergency to take a look at it. Surprise! Surprise! Well, after talking to emergency peeps and after asking the hotel security an ice pack for the 3rd time, I finally got the ice pack (after 2 hours!) Well, after 20 minutes of ice, my finger finally felt fine. I paid $150 including tax for a one-night stay and ended up hurting myself because of the dirty bathtub! I would never recommend this hotel to anybody.

Room Tip: Rooms away from this hotel would be much better I guess.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
RudyFao, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Aloha and Mahalo for taking the time to review us. We sincerely apologize for the experience you & your son endured during your stay with us. We hope you have recovered from the incident and your son is OK.

We do have a continuos pest control program in place with Orkin and they treat the guestrooms on a regular basis. Being that it came from the drain, we will advise them and see if they can somehow treat the plumbing pipes as well.

We would like to make it up to you and to make it right so please kindly contact me at rodolfo.fao@outrigger.com the next time you visit Honolulu.

Mahalo Nui Loa.

Travellers are raving about these Honolulu hotels

Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We needed a one-night stay hotel near the airport. This is very near to the airport but we didn't hear any planes flying over. The staff was wonderful ... plenty of aloha. This hotel is not high end but it's clean and comfortable. My friends told us later it used to be a Holiday Inn. It worked good for our purpose (sleep). We used the free internet with no problems. We didn't hang in the room long ... we had friends to meet and local food to eat.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KalihiKid65
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2012

United put in this pit beacuse of a 16 hour delayed flight. What can I say? No internet, outdated tacky rooms, cheap uncomfortable beds, rude and poor quality service. Had to be bused to a Best Western down the street which had poor quality food for exhorbinant prices. I would pay to not stay in this hotel. Shuttle service is at their convenience. The only good thing was that the room appeared clean on the surface but I was afraid to look too hard.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Thomas W
RudyFao, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Aloha and thank you for your review. First off, we would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. We are not a hign end hotel but our close promixity to Honolulu airport makes it convenient spot to rest up before a long flight.
Our complimentary shuttle service departs our hotel on the half hour and on the hour (ex. 6am, 6:30am, 7am, 7:30am and so on). Our Willoughby's restaurant is open for breakfast daily and dinner on Tues, Wed, Thurs only. On alternate days, dinner service is available at our sister hotel, Best Western the Plaza Hotel. Please take advantage of our shuttle service to go between the two properties.
We have happy to advise you that our brand new pool is now in service and it is a great place to relax and catch some last minute Hawaiian sun before a flight.
Our complimentary WI-FI installation is in full swing and it should complete within a week.

We hope your stay in Honolulu was pleasant and we look forward to your return.

Mahalo Nui Loa.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2012

When I book this airport hotel for a one night stop over i wasn't expecting much but I have to say it exceeded my expectations. It was imaculately clean, soft towels, comfy bed, large room. The funiture is slightly dated but in good condition, the room was well equiped and even had a mircowave ( perfect as I needed to heat up baby bottles). The only downfall to our room was the aircon unit was alittle loud ( room 300) The staff were friendly and helped us with our transport questions and check in and out was great. The free shuttle was also great leaving every 30 mins to and fro. Great lobby and resturant with free wiifi, a little convienience store and there's a pool but I didn't check it out, not enough time to. I would not hessitate at all to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012