“I love this place!”

Ethiopian Love Restaurant
Ranked #874 of 2,562 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Unique food in Hawaii is hard to come by, considering most food here is Asian fusion. Ethiopian Love is not only unique, but it's delicious as well. The service is great, and friendly. I have eaten here so many times, and always bring friends when they visit. It can get a little warm in the restaurant, as I'm not sure they have proper air con. Don't forget to bring your own wine to enjoy a fabulous meal. I always get the sambussas, they are so flavorful and delicious. I've ordered the Doro Wot and the Alicha Wot..both so good and flavorful. I love the injera...sort of like a sourdough crepe. Makes the entree even better!

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Beyond stoked to have Ethiopian in my hometown!! The owners are super nice, having moved to Hawaii and opening shop first in Kapahulu. Now that they are in Chinatown they're doing a great job, especially with the atmosphere! You can sit outside with the bamboo trees or sit inside in the cozy well-decorated brick-walled restaurant where you can also watch the Ethiopian coffee ritual go down. Great for couples, friends, or business meals. I've eaten Ethiopian food in Tokyo, L A, Paris, New York, San Francisco, Oakland, Washington DC, London, and Greece. This Ethiopian spot definitely stands up with all the rest, even if it is a little pricier than many other Ethiopian places I've been to. Support local businesses and check it out, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 22 April 2017

The food here is very good though they nickel and dime for extra injera and the prices we thought were a bit high.
Tips - skip the baklava

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

We went there for Sunday lunch and had an enjoyable meal...my friend and I ordered separate dishes, but they were served on a large platter family size...I got to taste my friend's vegetarian sampler and he my chicken dish...yummy..,

Reviewed 2 March 2017

We came on a Saturday evening (5pm reservations). Luckily, I was able to find metered street parking right outside the restaurant. I only had to pay for an hour, no charge after 6pm. There are many lots/garages in the area if street parking is full.

Everything here is meant to be eaten with your hands. Initially I thought that eating with my hands would be messy but it actually wasn't that bad at all. Everything was easy to grab and eat with the Injera which was a spongy type of Ethiopian bread.

For our appetizer we ordered the sambussas...probably my favorite dish of the night! We shared the Ethiopian Love Veggie Sampler and 2 meat dishes. I was very impressed! The food was delicious! Everything was flavored perfectly! However, the dishes are served with little injera so we had to order more on the side.

I will definitely dine here again.Dined here for the first time with friends. It was my first time eating Ethiopian food so I was pretty excited.

I will definitely dine here again.