“Excellent Sushi Experience”

Ranked #141 of 2,633 Restaurants in Honolulu
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2016

I made reservations a month in advance to make sure we could get in to celebrate my son's birthday. Everything was so fresh and delicious. We ordered the large sashimi platter, which had a variety of 9 seafood specialities like ama-ebi (sweet shrimp), moi, maguro. Sushi platter A (which had a fabulous ikura nigiri flavored with dashi, delicious), a few rolls (salmon avocado, Unagi/cucumber and yama imo, which I thought was refreshing, should have ordered 2), hamachi tartar, King crab bake, gyutan, oyster shooters... Could not try everythings we wanted, must go back. I expected to pay more for the quality of food (6 people, 3 very nice drinks-$295 tip not included). Well worth it.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

One of the chefs used to work in Ohio and I had to go there when I went to Honolulu since his restaurant was the best in town. The foods exceeded my expectations and we really enjoyed the foods and hospitality. Even we had to use taxi from Waikiki beach, it was worth the drive. It is a kind of pricy, but great foods cost a lot.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Never judge a book by it's cover! The outside doesn't look like much and 9 out of 10 people would simply just walk by. However this hidden gem has the best sushi you will ever taste.The staff is friendly and the meals are prepped in front of your eyes which gives you first glance at the craftsmenship that is put into each meal. Great wine selection and if you're gonna stop for sushi, don't let this gem slip your fingers!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 9 July 2016

This Izakaya has Happy Hour specials and a varied menu. Our favorites include the assortments of tofu-- . On this occasion, they were out. Instead we had the chicken and mushroom rice, cooked in a clay pot and mixed with a raw egg. Amaebi and ikura nigiri sushi, a large platter of sashimi, with four or five different kinds of sashimi, including salmon, hamachi, toro, maguro and fried skate fish (bony but tasty), -- this was a special. The appetizer, mochi-cheese on nori is very delicious!! We had two large pitchers of Happy Hour Kirin on tap ($9 a piece) For six people, about $200.00.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 29 June 2016

We saw the reviews and pictures from other Yelp users and had to give this place a try. I'm glad we did!!! The place seems "closed" when we arrived around 6:30pm, since there was no sound as we approached this place. Even up to the door entrance, no noise. But once you enter this place, you'll hear.......IRASSHAIMASE!!!!! And many customers conversing among themselves. It's like being transported in time and leaving Hawaii and entering a Japanese Sushi bar and restaurant in Tokyo's Ginza district. The walls must be pretty thick since none of the goings-on can be heard outside. The personnel are so friendly and helpful! And I'm glad they are so patient too since the Menu has so many choices. My wife and I ended up ordering many types of Sashimi and Sushi and many of the ingredients have come directly from Japan! My wife also had some fresh Oysters from the Washington State area and from the look on her face, she was in a very happy place! We sat at the Sushi bar and enjoyed watching the Sushi Chefs create wonderful works of art. We did spend about $120 per person, but in our eye's it was worth it. And this cost only involved the food and no alcoholic beverages. We will definitely be returning!!!

Date of visit: June 2016