See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I came to this place thinking the worst, just because it is a hostel! But I was/and still are very pleasantly surprised how amiable this place is to stay in. The mattresses were comfortable and good, but the room floors can be cleaner, especially under the beds, where there were a lot of bits of garbage under the beds. Everyone was great, besides the German woman I was living with in the dorm. She didn't understand the idea of commercial living! Overall, pretty good stay! I would like to come back soon.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2012

My stay here went fairly well. The staff was friendly and the rooms were super clean. The bed was soft and comfortable and the pillows were big and plush. I particularly enjoyed the barbecue they served. Overall like I said this was a good experience and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank kaye m
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My stay here was wonderful! The people here were very nice and the food was exceptionally good. This hotel honed the essence of the island and it had a great vibe in and around it. I was only in Hawaii for five days and this hotel really helped make my trip worthwhile. I couldn't have been more happier with my stay here! I recommend this hotel to all visiting the island.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I just wanted to say I appreciate all the kindness from Mr. Richard-san, and the excellent service at Plumeria. I must say, I will be recommending Plumeria to my students, family, and friends. It was nice to chat with Mr. Richard-san, and I wish I had a bit more time to visit. He really helped out a Japan Earthquake refugee. So thanks again for the service and fine establishment. I will definitely be back. I also really appreciated Marcus' help and local advice. Definitely the highest of service and professionalism I could find in Hawaii.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Claire Q
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This was my first time ever in Hawaii, and I had a blast! I want to thank Plumeria Hostel for the great stay. My only complaint was not having the greatest air ventilation in the room, but besides that everything was awesome. I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo