3,061 results
All reviews continental breakfast fresh fruit great location boogie boards beach gear courtesy room two blocks tea and coffee rooms are small bus stop junior suite free wifi air conditioner short walk to the beach valet parking would definitely stay here again pineapple
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Room & Hotel facilities were all very good. Staff were helpful & the cleaners presented the room well . Tea , coffee & water available in the foyer was greatly appreciated . The hotel was in a good location. A pool was the only holiday luxury missing.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vive Management T, Manager at Vive Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Hi ppnorman24,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your kind words about the staff and property are appreciated. Although we don't have a pool, we hope that you were able to utilize our beach equipment for the beach which is only steps away from Vive. We know that you have many choices when deciding where to stay in Waikiki and we are very grateful that you gave us a chance.
Mahalo,

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Loved the room, views, location and especially the service!
Everyone who worked here was awesome. Ryan the Valet was especially awesome. Everyone at front desk was as well but I do remember Daisy going above and beyond.
Yes, the room was small, but who cares. It was super nice and really only a place to sleep. If you are at Waikiki, and in your hotel room, then there is a problem.
It was just Aces all the way around.
I remember thinking that I need someone to give me their lottery winnings so that I can live at Vive!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Hi Ohio_Driver_Pablo,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are glad to know that you found the Vive to be aces all the way around! We are very fortunate to have Ryan and Daisy and have shared your compliments with them. Your business was greatly appreciated and we thank you for staying with us at the Vive! We can't wait to have you back.
Best regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2018

My flight was delayed so I wasn't able to arrive the evening I was expecting to. I called Vive as soon as I was made aware and asked if I could not be charged for the night since I wasn't staying due to flight delay. I was told I needed to cancel 5 days in advance to not be charged. I couldn't know 5 days in advance my flight would be delayed!!! I was told no, and I would still be charged, and i was. While i was at the desk after i did finally arrive another guest got a room comp'ed that they did stay in while I get charged for not staying. Not happy!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vive Management T, Manager at Vive Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Hi Amy R,
Thank you for choosing Vive Hotel Waikiki and for taking the time to write a candid review. We are saddened to read the poor review and we hope to have a chance to explain.

Whatever reason people may cancel last minute, they are all going to naturally be unexpected. Please understand that all hotels will have a cancellation policy imposed as after all what we offer is a perishable commodity. These rooms are held for guests and with last minute late cancellations, these rooms go unsold and ultimately a lost of revenue hence why we (along with all other hotels in Waikiki) take a deposit. It is also to our understanding that you flew on standby.

All in all we hope for your understanding regarding the matter and we hope the above explanation will give some insight about the situation.

Again, we sincerely appreciate your business and hope you had a good time here in Oahu!

Reviewed 26 May 2018

My wife and I had a great time. The room was a good size for the price, it was clean, modern, the staff was nice, it was a short walk to the beach away from the noise and they let you borrow beach gear.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vive Management T, Manager at Vive Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Hi Brad J,
We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to write a review on your experience with us at Vive Hotel Waikiki. It is wonderful to hear that you loved our rooms, staff, location, beach equipment, and overall value.Thank you for choosing Vive and we hope to see you next time!
Mahalo,

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Rooms were clean and renovated. Staff was friendly and always available to provide assistance. Walking distance to the Kuhio Waikiki beach and it was great to have beach towels, mats and umbrellas available for use. The continental breakfast and coffee options had something for everyone to enjoy. The feature we appreciated the most was booking the complimentary room for 1hr so we could freshen up prior to our flight home which was a late departure. We would stay here again in the future.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vive Management T, Manager at Vive Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Hi Todd M,
I'm so glad to hear what an excellent time you had during your recent stay. Thank you for the amazing review and compliments about our staff and property. We are pleased to know that you were able to take advantage of our courtesy room before your late flight out. From the entire team here at Vive, thank you very much for your business. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Regards,