“So good”
Review of Karai Crab

Karai Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
Karai Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 2,622 Restaurants in Honolulu
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Karai Crab is a Fun and Spicy seafood restaurant 10 minutes from Waikiki. RESERVATIONS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED NOT REQUIRED! We do take walk-ins if tables are available because guests do cancel or no show. We do have inside or outside seating as well but the arrangements are on a first come first serve basis and NOT guaranteed. Parties of 12 or more require a deposit, please call for more information. Our hours are from 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Last seating for the restaurant is 8:00pm, last call for the kitchen is at 8:30pm, and we close the restaurant at 9:00pm. Our restaurant closes on some Holidays, including Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day. We also close the restaurant when we have private catering events.
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

My husband was in absolute heaven at this restaurant. He loves crab and determined very quickly that this was the best he'd ever had. Everything that we ordered was fantastic from the mussels to the cornbread and garlic noodles, but then there was the crab... Their portions are very generous and the seasonings so good. They told us they were one pound portions and they were clearly more than that. We had king crab, Dungeness, and snow crab. The staff was great and the manager very jovial and attentive. Would highly recommend.

1  Thank meggpegg

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

If you like crab, shrimp, clams, or mussels, this is the place the eat. They have snow, king, and dungeness crab. We had the Karai seasoning with habanero heat on the Dungeness crab. Also ordered the clams with Karai seasoning with ghost pepper heat. Beware, The peppers sneak up on you, but everything was incredible. I have also enjoyed the shrimp with Karai seasoning and habanero heat. You can order all kinds of flavor. Everything was cooked perfectly. This is a small place and all of the staff was fantastic. We sat outside right next to The Willows restaurant. We walked through the neighborhood south of the restaurant, which is a little run down but had no problems. Kody was the waiter, great personality and was professional. Nice to have someone who doesn't just set your plate on the table.

1  Thank Vacationer572659
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

The food and the service was sooooo awesome! I created my own combo and Kaylee talked me into spicing it up, and I was not disappointed!! It is a must stop to eat at whiles you are here. I am going to try and come back before I go!!!

1  Thank Rikki210
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Leave the glitz, crowds and expense of Waikiki dining and enjoy the fun atmosphere and great food of Karai Crab. Try a combo - with corn, potatoes, clams, mussels and shrimp spiced with the evening special. Add an order of crab on top, two cold beers and a very large pile of napkins and you have a truly excellent feast for two. We doubled that to cover 4 of us and barely fit a few licks of the frozen soft ice cream the owner offered us before we left. Our lagoon side table, two orders of warm fresh bread and long chat with the friendly owner only added further dimension to this wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

I never write reviews, I read them, just never write them. I am on a solo trip to Oahu and hadn't dined out at all during my time. I mostly picked up items from local grocery stores or the ABC shop. I found this place looking for good seafood and BOY did it deliver! I chose to walk here as the bus would have taken me about the same time, and it certainly wasn't in the best of places and doesn't look like too much from the outside, yet I was willing to give it a try. I ordered the garlic shrimp - $13 (butter garlic and mild) and the garlic noodles - $7 and a glass of their house Pino Grigo and everything was delicious! It wasn't super busy, so I was sat outside. The service was great, the shrimp were about the best I've ever had! I've definitely payed way more someplace else for food not as good. After I was finished one of the wait staff (or maybe it was the manager) came up to me and asked me to follow him for a "surprise." At first I was nervous (being alone) yet he walked me to the Willows (restaurant next door) all you can eat bar and offered me free soft serve ice cream. There were 4 different flavors and I chose the Dole Pineapple. So good! Don't miss this place if you are a lover of great seafood!

Jon S, General Manager at Karai Crab, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Aloha Renee,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and giving us the highest rating on TripAdvisor, we really appreciate it. We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us.
Hope to see you again on your next trip to Oahu.

Mahalo,