“Delicious tonkatsu”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2018

We had been wanting to try this small restaurant for a long time. Parking in Waikiki can be a challenge so it was really nice that they provide validated parking at the nearby Bank of Hawaii Building. Our tonkatsu meals were very good and made us want to visit Japan soon. Together with the hot miso soup, endless amounts of finely shredded cabbage, and rice made for a very satisfying meal.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

First time at this restaurant. I do have a fondness for tonkatsu and noticed it last year so thought I’d give it a try this year. I was certainly not disappointed, the tonkatsu served was the authentic presentation along with the steamed rice and accompaniments. The 4 of us had a wonderful time. The food was just outstanding, the server was a big hit with us and helped us through the correct way to eat authentic Japanese. I think we were the only natives with mostly Japanese tourists filling the tables. The tonkatsu was certainly the best I have ever had and look forward to visiting this very fine authentic Japanese restaurant next year.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

The specialty of this restaurant is breaded deep-fried pork. They are crispy outside and juicy inside. Their pork is flavorful and well prepared. The interior is well decorated and light but space is tight. The A/C is not strong enough and the ambiance is casual. I do recommend this place for good food but not for romantic dinner.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Went to this restaurant looking for something different. We went early for dinner and there was only one other table filled. Order the chicken katsu and the seafood. We odder the set which came with wonderful miso soup, shredded cabbage salad with your choice of two dressings and rice. Before the service started, however we were brought small bowls with sesame seeds in them and a pestle. Waitress indicated we were to grind the seeds and then do something with a bamboo container on the table. My wife caused some titters from the wait staff by pouring the ground seeds into the bamboo container. Turned out that was to hold the pestles when you were done. They were very kind and provided more seeds for her to mix with the sauce for the katsu. The seafood and the chicken were both delicious. Now we know what we are doing, we would go again.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Have walked by here many times over the years, but stopped in for dinner while in Waikiki this year.
Suki was our waitress, and being newbies at this type of food she walked us through the menu and was helpful with our choices. I had the chicken katsu curry, it was terrific! My husband had the loco moco pork tenderloin. We were both impressed with the quality of the food. If you are lucky enough to have Suki as your waitress your dining experience will be excellent! Curry is not spicy but very flavourable, there is hot sauce provided on the table for you to spice it up if so inclined!