“When in Waikiki, this is a great place to stay!”

Trump International Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 5 May 2010

My wife and I would not normally visit Waikiki but needed to accompany a parent to a memorial service. Couldn't have been happier with our stay at Trump International as it had exactly what we we were looking for in a luxury hotel. It's only just opened and it looks it with the rooms ( we had two) in brand new condition. Not the place for a family resort type visit as pool is very small and there are no grounds or gardens. This is definitely a high rise hotel. Perfect for business trip or as in our case, SCUBA diving while my 86 year old mother enjoyed her beautiful standard room with a lovely partial ocean view from private lanai. We upgraded to ocean view and it was spectacular from 21st floor looking over park to Hilton Village lagoon. Beach is less than a block away and there are top-notch restaurants (Roy's , Ruth Chris, PF Changs and many more within 200 yards of downstairs lobby. Initial impression is understated as lobby is small and pool area is minimal. There was always plenty of room though and some pool side service. Staff service was spectacular with friendly staff leaving no stone unturned to please us. Examples include fresh fruit on arrival, inquiring phone calls as to our needs, printed directions delivered to our room immediately for our various travels and perfect dinner reservations. Concierges would not accept tips for their outstanding service. Last, but perhaps best , is BLT Restaurant on ground floor. Top dining experience in the islands and world-class cuisine. We ate their twice and would have returned again if we didn't run out of time. Families with young children go somewhere else and leave this jewel of a hotel to the adult kids like us who treasure our luxuies!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jimcolhoun
Write a ReviewReviews (2,965)

Reviewed 3 May 2010

We moved to this hotel after a horrible stay at the turtle bay resort. Fantastic suites, with lovely Japanese style bathroom. This was such a welcome treat after our previous hotel. I would return if I saw another promotional rate, v expensive otherwise...but you can understand why!

Reviewed 29 April 2010

I recently stayed at the Trump Waikiki for a friend's wedding in Hawaii. The hotel was awesome. The staff was very friendly and the studio I stayed in was perfect...with a great view of both the city and the ocean. Plus, it was a half-block off the beach, so you felt like you could escape after a long day at the beach!

I booked it through Jet Luxury Resorts and got a great deal! I've used them for other trips I've taken and they always have the best rates. If you haven't looked into them, definitely check it out... I'll use them whenever I can : )

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TriciaDakota
Reviewed 2 April 2010

My wife and I stayed at Trump Tower in Waikik from March 23-31, 2010. We paid approx $620/night (before tax). It was more than we normally pay for a hotel but well worth it. We were in a 1400 sq ft 2 bdrm + den, 2 bath, full kitchen unit. It had 4 Plasma TV's and the kitchen was outfitted with top of the line everything (Wolf, Sub Zero etc). The view was outstanding (20th floor), and the hotel conveniently located across from the beach and close to shopping. We've travelled extensively over the years and this is the first time I've written a review. The hotel staff was polite, courteous, professional, helpful, and sincere. I have no complaints about this experience and now understand why people pay more money for outstanding service and quality. Life is short, we work hard and we need to play hard too!

Scott Green
Victoria, BC
Canada

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2010

My family and I all agree the Trump Hotel in Oahu is, by far, our favorite hotel in the world. There are so many hotels in Oahu, and it was difficult to make a decision about where to stay. My husband, figuring since the Trump was only four months old, thought it would be the best bet. Here’s a breakdown of what we encountered in our five day stay there:

Hotel Inside: This hotel is only four months old, and it shows. The rooms are nice and sparkling. The décor in the rooms is fabulous. The bathrooms and kitchenette counters are marble. The beds are quite comfortable. Our family stayed in a room with two double beds and a pullout sofa, which was convenient. The bathroom was huge. It had a double sink, shower and bath. Lots of towels and bath products were available every day, since the maids clean the room in the morning/early afternoon, and refresh the towels at night. The pool is a lap pool, and has a nice view of the ocean and city. It is small, but very nice. Depending on where you sit by the pool, you can choose whether or not you want to get sun. There is poolside service, with a varied menu available for those that want to eat a snack or meal by the pool. The configuration of the hotel is interesting. The concierge and valets are on the ground floor, and the lobby/reception is on a different floor. The layout in the hotel is so great, that only about 20% of the time we encountered someone in the elevator. Even though the hotel was booked to capacity, they have the “people flow” well thought out. It prevents a lot of people being crowded in one area.

Hotel Outside: We were about a three minute walk to the beach. It was a very easy walk, with a crosswalk. It is near the army museum. The beach there is one of the most uncrowded stretches of beach in the area. You can either set up a towel on the green grass in the park, which is roughly between the park and the hotel, or you can choose to set up on the beach. The park is pretty. There are a few food vendors directly off the beach, and a few hotels within a short walk for additional snacks/meals. If you go out snorkeling- There are a few patches of large rocks that have colorful fish. There is also a patch that is shallower, and has lots of sea urchins. I saw a huge sea turtle on the last day there. We drove to a well-known snorkeling beach for the day, and frankly I saw just as much in the ocean in front of the hotel. When you stay at the Trump, consider stocking up on all your beach needs, such as umbrellas, snorkeling supplies, etc. at a local drug or convenience store, because it is all very expensive to rent on the beach.

Service: The service is my favorite part of the hotel. In general, I would say that the people in Hawaii are the nicest in the world. The Trump must have employed the nicest people in the state. My personal favorite person was Kawai, the Concierge. The few times we had problems or questions, she led us in the right direction. The valet staff and bellman were always so friendly and nice, and treated us professionally and warmly. We thought they were so nice, that we brought them pastries when we returned from our trip to the bakery. All the staff made us feel very, very special. The room was always cleaned quite well. The staff at the Trump is very on top of any problems. One day my husband and I were surprised to see a 3 year old Japanese boy in the elevator by himself when we got in on the 9th floor. We took him to the front desk. Within one minute, the front desk clerk found a staff member who spoke Japanese to the boy, and calmed him down within seconds. About two minutes after that, a big, handsome man who was head of security showed up. Then, the mother wandered into the lobby a few minutes after. The staff are trained professionals, who could probably have the capability of running a small company within a few days! I look forward to staying at other Trump hotels when I visit other cities.

Questions: If you have any questions or inquiries about this hotel, please feel free to email me. I’d be happy to answer them!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family