3,232 results
All reviews beach bag blt ocean view lounge pillow menu full kitchen bedroom suite turn down service cold towels huge bathroom bottled water washer and dryer rice cooker other hotels our honeymoon across the street concierge desk every staff member
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed in room 3710, which was a gorgeous 3 bedroom, and 3.5 bathroom penthouse. There was a small problem with our reservation when we arrived, so our family of six were treated to free food and drinks at the Wai'Olu Ocean View Lounge by Akiko, while she dealt with the problem. It was quickly resolved, and it was off to our room.

We were really impressed by our room, as it was absolutely gorgeous. The view was also spectacular. The Hilton Hawaiian Village had fireworks on a Friday evening, and we watched it from the comfort of our room.

They offered complimentary bottled water, beach bags, and staff throughout the hotel were so friendly, and helpful. We were going to have dinner at La Mer one night, and the concierge at the main floor was nice enough to lend my friend a jacket because it was required to adhere to the restaurant's dress code.

I have absolutely no complaints about our 6 night stay there, and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if we ever go back to Oahu.

6  Thank Michelle F
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Stayed in a studio ocean view room. We could def see the ocean but the room was so oddly shaped and small that it wasn't even worth it. The pool is tiny. Lounge is ok looking but empty. If ur looking for hip people or action u won't find it here. The beach area is not good. We walked near the outrigger and Weston and set up shop there. Those two hotels we way better. Pretty much every other hotel we stopped in seemed better. Way more to do and better location. I can't really say it is a bad hotel, but just expected a lot more. TA seems to mislead people into thinking its the best. It's not. You will see.

• Stayed: August 2012
10  Thank Jblue20
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I booked our week vacation in Hawaii at the Trump International based on our experience at the Trump Tower Chicago.
The Trump in Chicago is excellent.
We have two boys that we were traveling with a 20yr old and 10yr old.
There was not much for the boys to do at the Trump.
The pool--which is very small--was full of young kids splashing and jumping around with very little parental supervision. The pool was the biggest disappointment. There are only a few lounge chairs in the sun, so if you want to work on your tan poolside some early.
The restaurants offered little that the 10yr old would eat and to get to the beach you have to pack a bag and hike across a busy street and a public park.
On the plus side, Trump staff goes out of their way to make the vacation as pleasant as possible.The service is what makes this hotel special.
Turn down service was wonderful; saving us a lot of money for bottled water.
Housekeeping was prompt every morning and they even washed the dishes in the kitchen.
Beach bags service was a lifesaver.
Pool side service was excellent.
Drinks and food is expensive as expected but everything we ordered was very good.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to couples or business travelers.
Unfortunately, I don't think I would stay here again.

6  Thank RMTJ
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We will go back to this place again and again. Every things was so nice and beautiful at this hotel the bed was nice and comfy bath rooms was so big and clean. Location was very easy to walk to the beach and shoping, restaurant etc. staff was very nice and helpful people. We have wonderful time at this place and we would to go back again and again.The view at the hotel room we stayed was beautiful beach view that you can dream about.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed at Trump for six nights in a deluxe ocean-view studio room. We were on the fourth-night-free promotion. The room retailed for $599/night. Our 11th floor view was very nice indeed. The location is quite good. My expectations were relatively high based TA reviews. We chose Trump out of curiosity and the nice kitchenette in the unit. The service ranged from very good to average; it seemed somewhat inconsistent to me. We had just come from a very nice stay at the Four Seasons Manele Bay on Lana’i so the bar had been set.
Check-in was fine. We were given an amenity for our anniversary, which was nice. There was also a welcome letter and a stuffed Trump seal for our son, which made him feel special. The room was clean and well-maintained. However, there was a single peg on the back of the door for hanging towels. We had plenty of good towels each day, just no place to hang them – strange in a beach environment. There was also a very large unused space behind the bathroom door where towel racks could have been installed or a clothes rack for drying, not unheard of in a beach environment. It was just an obvious blank area, as if the money had run out for any further enhancements. With three people in a room you need places to hang wet towels and swimsuits. At higher-end establishments the little details define distinction.
The breakfast buffet and apparent food quality was a bit disappointing. It felt like they were cutting cost corners and that doesn’t work when you’re targeting (presumably) the top-end traveler. I’m already paying for breakfast for two adults, I’ll pay more, just make it a true high-end buffet like patrons expect. The buffet should be at least as good as the buffet you’d find at a resort on little Lana’i, but it wasn’t. Our 4-year old son did eat free (as he did at the FS) which was appreciated.
The staff was friendly but the attitude sometimes seemed contrived, perhaps it was just the Waikiki pace (compared to Lana’i). The ladies at the concierge were always pleasant and the beach bags with towels and water were nice. I might send a couple of experienced employees from various departments ‘undercover’ to the Four Seasons on Lana’i and Maui to take notes. That seems to be the standard they’re striving for and they’re definitely on their way.
I took two postcards to the front desk and inquired how to most easily mail them. They did it for me – great. The $.90 could be billed to my room. Okay, convenient. Except at Four Seasons they have always mailed my postcards for free. No, I could not care less about $.90 when I’m paying $600/night for a room plus another $75 for breakfast. At least the wi-fi is complimentary (unlike Four Seasons) so I won’t complain. We laughed about it.
As others have mentioned, the pool seems an afterthought. It is mostly patronized (and overrun) by young children although it was clearly designed for adults with aesthetics in mind. As a former lifeguard it seems like an accident waiting to happen as all the surfaces are very slippery when wet with plenty of abrupt pool edges. The readily visible pool across the street on the roof of the Embassy Suites looks more inviting (and much larger). The fitness room is sub-par for a property of this caliber – I am biased as I use such facilities frequently. Most guests/residents probably don’t care though.
Considering the view and actual unit it was not out-of-line for Waikiki. The stay was satisfactory. We just were not ‘wowed’ as we hoped we would be – expectations too high perhaps? Not sure about next time; maybe the Royal Hawaiian or a top-end room at the Outrigger, or Trump again?
Pros – location, cleanliness, beach bags, wi-fi
Cons – pool, breakfast
We tip the housekeepers each day, it’s then amazing the response you get when you request something. They’re not overpaid and I don’t mind when we’re fortunate enough to be able to stay at places like this.

Room Tip: Pay for a view room if you can-it's nice.
3  Thank Ajarn