“Great hotel and excellent service!”

Trump International Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Trump Int'l Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk and absolutely loved our stay there! We were most impressed with the hotel staff who were always very pleasant, helpful, and obviously committed to providing excellent service. We had a partial ocean view in what I believe was a king studio suite. The room was spacious, clean, and nicely furnished. The beds were very comfortable. In fact, I wouldn't mind having the same mattress in our home bedroom.

Although the bathroom was very nice, I did not like the "open" shower in the bathroom in our particular suite. There was no door or shower enclosure which would have been nice to have to avoid getting cold. This didn't seem to bother my husband - so maybe it was a bigger deal to me since I tend to get cold frequently. But all in all, the entire suite was comfortable and a great place to relax during our week-long stay.

The daily complimentary water and fruit bags that were provided to us were a nice touch. I would most definitely stay here again upon returning to Waikiki!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FLtraveler6

Reviewed 2 March 2012

We could not believe the service and how nice all staff was. We will always stay at a trump property if one is in the city. Clean and just perfect.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Cgwolcott
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This was our 3rd stay at the Trump Waikiki. As always, the service was terrific! We booked a special rate and ended up with the smallest room they had, but it did the trick and we were very comfortable. I must say that the washroom is significantly smaller than the other rooms we stayed in, but we adjusted. On arrival we didn't have a kettle, but one was brought to us immediately. We requested a specific view on a high floor and it was to die for!!!!! While the hotel recognized our 2nd stay with them last year by sending us come chocolates during our stay, nothing was done for us this time around (and yes I mentioned that it was our 3rd stay with them when we checked in). No big deal, but something that I noticed. Other than that I can't wait to go back next winter!! Keep up the great work!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iknowwhatilike_11
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Just like to say, what a magnificent hotel, with the best staff, great rooms, and fantastic service.
My wife and I , will definately stay here again, our compliments to all the smiling staff at the Trump Hotel, Waikiki.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JH8552
Reviewed 1 March 2012

When I had to pick a hotel for our stay in Honolulu I wasn't sure if the Trump would be the right choice for us traveling with kids, but the excellent reviews about this top notch property convinced me. And they didn't let us down!! The hotel is located at the western end of Waikiki beach next to a recreational park. So the area is not that busy, but of course you stay in a larger city and there is the usual city noise around like traffic or live music from surrounding hotels.
Over all the Trump is awesome! The moment we arrived we were welcomed by very friendly staff members, which were always nice and helpful during our entire stay. We were upgraded to a 1bedroom suite that offered plenty of room for our family. What a nice surprise! We had a good room rate anyway since we had a 4th night free offer. I can also recommend signing up for the Trump card. I couldn't believe my eyes, when I saw that they really had taken care of all the things that I mentioned in my profile (e.g. I am a tea drinker, so an array of different teas was waiting and I like to sweeten my tea with honey so I also found a jar of that)...that was a very nice touch!
The suite was excellent equipped, the kitchen is a dream top notch appliances, the bathroom spacious! Although we were on the lower floors (12) we enjoyed spectacular partial ocean view.
The kids were thrilled by their welcome package (a tray of drinks - milk, different juices -, cookies and a personalized letter with recommendations like the Honolulu Zoo etc.). The other guests at the hotel were a mix of families with kids, mostly business travelers and couples. Although the pool is small, fancy (infinity) and a bit windy, it is good enough for a plunge after a day of sight seeing. The beach is really just a few steps away and you'll get nice beach bags from the concierge with water, towels and fruit.
We also enjoyed watching the sun set during happy hour in the lounge! Spectacular!
For us, the Trump Hotel was the perfect spot to stay during our Waikiki vacation. The accommodation, every single staff member and their service were outstanding. And most of all we felt very welcomed as a family! I also like that it is a smaller hotel without the usual shops and buzz in the lobby area. It has a SPA, a restaurant, breakfast cafe, too. We used to make breakfast ourselves in our room and had dinner once at the BLT steakhouse on site.

The Trump hotel is very kid friendly, but it's not a family wonderland with pool lagoons, water slides and kids club entertainment what you might get at other properties. So if that's what you are looking for - go somewhere else. We, the parents and our three kids age 2,5,7 didn't miss a thing and we will definitely stay again at the Trump!
OK - one thing my kids were missing, was Disney channel. They just offer it as pay TV and I didn't want to pay 4 dollar for 20 minutes Good Luck Charlie... :)) But honestly the kids survived the four nights even without their favorite TV show pretty well!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the ocean view! We had a corner room on the lower floors and the vie...