See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

I spent in this vacation rental my Hawaiian holiday last September. I enjoyed my stay and it was a way more pleasant because of this sweet apartment. I will remember it always because I currently live on the another side of the planet. The apartment was clean, comfortable and supplied with everything needed. The location is perfect and also the managers provided me and my friends with a lot of useful information about My Hawaiian visit! Thank you! Looking forward visiting you again!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Enjoyed a week at the Cabana and had a comfortable stay. Clean, affordable, good location- perfect for the couple of family on a budget. The booking process was rather straight forward as was getting the keys. The interior is ok- the bed is big and comfy and the bathroom is clean and bright although not massive. The couch was still and uncomfortable but only a minor complaint. Overall a good experience was had at the Cabana and I would recommend it as a cheaper but still nice option in Honolulu.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband and infant son. Found the listing on VRBO. Because we have an infant, I wanted a place that had a full kitchen so I could make meals and have a refrigerator for food.

The location is one block from Waikiki Beach and within walking distance of all kinds of shops as well as the zoo and aquarium and Diamond Head Luau.

The condo is a perfect size - one bdrm with a futon in living room. Our baby slept on the pulled out futon while my husband and I enjoyed the very comfy king sized bed. I noticed that there wad also an additional blow up mattress in the closet, but we didnt use it.

While the tub didnt have a plug so I couldnt give my son a bath, the shower head is detachable so I could sit him in the tub and give him a mini shower which he loved.

Kitchen equipped with everything we needed - cutlery, glasses, lots of plates, corkscrew (!) and even larger containers so I could keep leftovers in fridge. The lanai was perfect for morning cups of coffee and a glass of wine after the little one was asleep.

There was an abundance of fresh towels and linens to use as well as beach towels to take with us.

The AC unit worked really well...and I had to turn up the setting so it wasnt so cold!

Ceiling fan in bdrm was great as well.

We paid for a parking spot as we rented a car and the parking area is gated and secure.

Wifi worked excellently - wasn't slow at all and included in cost of rental.

The price was hard to beat on VRBO and certainly much cheaper than renting a hotel room for the week. And you certainly wouldn't get a hotel room with a full kitchen for anywhere near that price.

Ali'i Rentals operates this location and they have an app for smartphones which provides you with all the info you need - nearby locations, how to access your condo, security codes for the door once you have confirmed and downloaded the app as well as GPS location once you get into town.

One thing to point out - the map location on the app is actually for another building that is also operated by same company and at first we went to that location, however its only 2 doors down from the Cabana on thr same street. And the names of the buildings are written on the outside, but we arrived after dark and had to backtrack a couple of buildings.

Overall this was a great stay and it would be great for a small family or 2 couples who want to share and save money.

Even though you are so close to the beach and many shops, it was surpisingly quiet at night.

Thanks for a great stay and looking forward to coming back again! I will definitely book with Ali'i again!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank MarlaGee
Reviewed 20 March 2016

Amazing place to stay in Waikiki. Clean, safe, quiet neighborhood. 2 blocks away from the beach. Stores, restaurants and rental scooters and bicycles just around the corner. Washer and dryer on promises. I highly recommend. Alii Beach Rentals has the best service and crew.

Room Tip: Safe place, clean, quiet and close to the beach, stores and restaurants. Excelente!!!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Ary T
Reviewed 17 January 2016

Great place to stay. Close to beach,park and diamond head crater.Neighborhood is safe, secure and quiet. Bus stop and convenience store, bicycle and scooter rental around the corner. Room is clean and spacious. Great service from Alii beach rental agents.

Room Tip: Stayed on second floor in the middle had no problems. Sorry can't compare to other rooms but you can't go wrong whatever room you get.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple