2,190 results
All reviews barefoot bar active duty military hotel maile tower military families military id warriors lounge happy's snack bar armed forces exchange store post exchange service members air force waikiki beach military personnel adult pool ocean view
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the newer renovated towers for four nights. The kids loved the pool more than the beach and snorkeling first thing in the am is wonderful since you have the beach and ocean to yourself. There is a nice gym and a Bx.

The negative part is only one washer-drier on each floor with lots of military personnel living here for months makes it difficult to get your laundry done. Maybe try two sets of stackable?

Also for those who have an impairment, it is difficult to get from parking back up the hill to the room.

Finally, I wish each restaurant would take a turn between 2 and 5 pm to be open! Happys and the Bx sandwiches just got old. At least provide room service option or something during this time!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ruggerlynn
Reviewed 15 June 2018

The screening of my husband's documentary; "NEVER SURRENDER: THE ED RAMSEY STORY" at the Kalia room with a reception was outstanding. The hotel has offered us incredible rooms, great shows like the Luau on New Years Eve. I plan to attend that again this year.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank raquelrT9695PB
Reviewed 9 June 2018

We love the Hale Koa and have stayed here a couple of times. You can't beat the prices, and the pool area is perfect. The beach service and Koa Surf Shop has incredible prices for beach rentals and surf lessons. The fireworks show was so beautiful from our balcony. It lit up Waikiki Beach! The gardens are lovely and the staff is so friendly. We stayed in room 1232 which is near the end and facing Diamond Head. We had a view of the city and the beach. The elevator was right across the hall and it goes straight down to Happy's near the pool area. Book early if you want to stay here! We booked a year in advance and were given the rooms we requested.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank MelindaAU88
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

This place is open to military active duty and retired personnel and their guests. It is great and the best part is that the rates are based on your rank. This means that a multi star general or flag officer gets the same room I do but he pays more. I don't know how much more. BTW these facilities are self supporting and receive MWR money. This MWR money comes from the AAFES (PX, BX) system which is a profit making system. Contrary to popular belief, things are not much cheaper in the AAFES. First off, they do not offer cheap goods and the main discount one receives is that there are no state sales taxes on goods sold through the PX. So, every time I buy a pair of socks at the PX I'm contributing to the Hale Koa Hotel and it's operation. I hope this gets the nay sayers off my back before they jump on. I did find that they were a little more proud of their food than I felt was good but then it's a resort on Oahu. The food was good in Bibas, Barefoot Bar and Mongolian Grill. That said, I won't go back to the Mongolian grill. It took us 1 hour 51 minutes to get our food. Not for me. We also did the Luau in the hotel. This event had a cultural show before the actual luau but I'm in a mobility scooter and have no idea what was presented. We went into the luau eating area and another show was offered. This was interesting and informative. During the meal Hawaiian music was offered and traditional hula dancers. The luau and the accompanying show was very good. I recommend it to anyone staying at the hotel. I've been to other luaus in past years 1960s and this was as good as any I've seen.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Carol Ann M
Reviewed 6 June 2018

I'm not sure we would have been able to afford Hawaii without this hotel! As a retired family, entitled to use these facilities, we were more than delighted with all their offerings. We attended the Luau, which respectfully also had a military/veteran feature to the celebrations. Only negative was the way they pushed the meal through, no time to really enjoy the tastes of Hawaii! Thoroughly enjoyed all the facilities offered. I personally took advantage of the Cabana massage - a treat. Used the fitness center, and the pools and many of the restaurants. Would return if I want to be in that part of Hawaii again.

Date of stay: April 2018