10 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$468
Hotels.comUS$468
PricelineUS$468
Preferred HotelsUS$468
TravelocityUS$468
Trip.comUS$658
All reviews sister hotel ocean view across the street beautiful hotel beach bag with towels toto toilet reusable water bottles pool deck pool staff body wash wonderful stay laundry room house without a key boutique hotel location was perfect walking distance comfy bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2021

My fiancé and I were eager to get back to Oahu for a visit. I used to live in Waikiki and knew that's where we wanted to stay but I was so let down with the prices and dated hotels. Some of the more popular hotels on the beach wanted over $600/night for a beach view with an outdated room. Sure, the amenities were there but I can't justify paying money for that. Enter, Halepuna.

For half the price of the other hotels, we got an ocean view with a beautiful room. The view was heaven and the bed was very comfortable. The room was sparkling clean. Lots of extras in the room as well including a mini fridge. All of the toiletries were individually wrapped. There is no daily room service right now unless you request it but not a big deal. We saw staff cleaning the high touch surfaces regularly.

There was a little sliver of a beach across the street from the hotel that you can access. The real star is their infinity pool. Beautiful view and a great drink list. The pool was slightly heated which was nice since it was windy the days we were there.

Last but not least, the staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming. The valet gave you beach towels with a bag if you headed out that way. If you get a chance, stay for the Taste of Halekulani. Halekulani will reopen in October and access to the spa will start then. To be honest, just that view was enough.

And if you've read this far, please remember that we are still in a pandemic. Have respect for the staff that are working their butts off, the locals and the travelers around you. I've been working bedside in the hospital these last 18 months and this trip meant everything. Thank you to the wonderful staff for their genuine hospitality.

Date of stay: August 2021
2  Thank Ashley G
Julie Arigo, General Manager at Halepuna Waikiki by Halekulani, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2021

Dear Ashley, thank you for the wonderful review of your visit with us! We are happy to hear that this well-deserved getaway met your expectations. Good to know that the modifications made in our amenities and service offerings to ensure our guests' experience at Halepuna Waikiki is safe, comfortable and most of all, memorable, met your expectations. Please stay healthy, be safe and know that your services and the work that you do is very much appreciated. Warmest regards, Julie Arigo - General Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2021

Just finishing an 11 night stay at the Halepuna and it was perfect! Waikiki was at capacity so the serenity of the hotel was wonderful! Peaceful mornings & afternoons on the 8th floor pool deck with Yuki & Carl setting up our chairs and getting us our drinks their service was stellar! We had rented a car for the trip so we always used hotel valet where we met Miles, Herme & Alan whom each helped us out with our surfboards, beach bags, boogie boards the works! They all did far more than I ever expected and we all appreciated their combined efforts to make our stay run smoothly! The hotel was in great shape with timely cleaning on request working with our schedule. Front desk reception was kind, informative and helpful with Debra being our main contact. The hotel & staff were just what we needed to make our Honolulu vacation great!

Room tip: Ocean front is worth it!
Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank talasazm
Julie Arigo, General Manager at Halepuna Waikiki by Halekulani, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2021

Thank you so much for the very kind review and comments of your stay at Halepuna Waikiki! It is especially good to hear when the services rendered by our team have made a positive impression on our guests. Great to know that the staff from various areas of the hotel - pool, porter/valet, and reception desk - helped to make your visit a memorable one. We appreciate you choosing Halepuna for this visit and hope you won't make it your last! We look forward to welcoming you back!! Warmest regards....

Reviewed 31 July 2021

Nice building, good location and pretty but petit rooms. Room service is not offered, pool service is offered but only for drinks. The only bar for a cocktail is at the pool. We had multiple issues with the people in the room next us. Not the hotel’s fault but they could have moved us or them after the first issue or accommodated us some how.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank EBEACh5
Julie Arigo, General Manager at Halepuna Waikiki by Halekulani, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. During our initial reopening, we have modified our offerings with the overall intent to ensure we keep our guests and employees feeling safe and comfortable as we follow our Halekulani Health commitment during this period. At the same time, our utmost priority is that our staff service meets your expectations. We are happy to hear your positive comments on the property, our location and your room. Our apologies for the disruption you experienced from the neighboring room. We do hope you will consider returning to Halepuna Waikiki and allow us another opportunity to welcome you back. Sincerely, Julie Arigo

Reviewed 10 July 2021 via mobile

I had a wonderful experience at the Halepuna by Halekulan. Every member of the team that I encountered, were genuinely friendly, delightful and eager to help. To name a few of those members I would like to extent my heartfelt gratitude are Janine, Melanie, Harry, Chef Aaron, Ryan (these are just the names I remember but honestly everyone should be on this list) because the staff are all great. I stayed in a Mountain View room which was located on the 22nd floor (the hotel has 23 floors, 1-7 is lobby and parking lot, 8th floor is pool with a gorgeous ocean view and on the other side of the 8th floor is the lovely garden with an equally breathtaking view. The room and bathroom was spotlessly clean, spacious, well decorated, the bed was super comfy and almost no outside noise could be heard in the room. I never walk around a hotel room barefeet but this hotel was so clean that I felt 1000% comfortable walking around in my room without house shoes. At the time I stayed it was the first day of the hotel reopening due to covid. I felt for the reopening the team did an amazing job, everything ran smoothly and it felt like they were always in operation despite having to close their doors 8 months after their initial opening back in 2019. Due to Covid restrictions the restaurant was providing meals in takeaway boxes but that did not stop the Chef from creating tasty work of art. All foods was picturesly decorated and presented. I highly recommend Halepuna hotel because it's not as small as traditional boutique hotels but not as big as large chairs hotel so you get that equal balance with personalize service. The hotel is located in a central location, close to everything and if your looking for asthetically decorated, clean and comfortable stay where you get the true worth of your money then go ahead and book here and like how I was not disappointed, I can guarantee you will not be either.

Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Shelly0524

Dear Shelly, we appreciate the thorough review and wonderful feedback of your visit with us! Thank you for the commendations of our team as it is always gratifying to hear when service expectations are met. I will also be sure to relay your kind remarks to our Chef with regards to the take-out meals at our bakery. With the modifications we have made to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for our guests and employees, we also made sure that the expectations of quality were met. Thank you for recommending Halepuna and we hope to welcome you back again soon! Warmest regards, Julie Arigo

Reviewed 9 July 2021

Hotel is nice and if you want to be in the heart of Waikiki it’s a good location. But don’t be fooled - it’s not at the level of the Halekulani. Although they are not charging COVID reduced rates the services are sharply reduced. Have had issues with getting daily maid service and no turn down at all. Reserved a poolside cabana and told the guy which one I wanted and when I arrived the next day someone else had already been given the one I reserved. Restaurant food is good if you can get it - only open until 1:30pm - not sure how keeping it open later is impacted by COVID. Overall, ok but not great, and looking forward to the Halekulani re-opening.

Trip type: Travelled with family