15 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$468
Hotels.comUS$468
TravelocityUS$468
Preferred HotelsUS$468
TripadvisorUS$468
Trip.comUS$657
All reviews sister hotel ocean view across the street beautiful hotel beach bag with towels toto toilet reusable water bottles pool deck pool staff body wash wonderful stay laundry room house without a key boutique hotel location was perfect walking distance comfy bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 March 2020

Everything about this Hotel is top class. Cleanliness and Service is second to none.
Loved being so close to a less crowded beach and also walking distance to main shopping precinct. The staff went out of their way to accomodate us especially with early check in as we had a long flight. Everyone so friendly and look out for Keaton and Karine on breakfast duty.

Room tip: Definitely choose an Ocean View Room. You won't be disappointed
4  Thank N9327TTconnies
hawaiijra, General Manager at Halepuna Waikiki by Halekulani, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Thank you so much for the great feedback, We are happy to hear you found Halepuna Waikiki’s location convenient and that the staff service left a positive impression on you. We will be sure to share with our team! Hoping to welcome you back again soon!!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 9 March 2020

we stayed 6 nights at the Halepuna. What a treat this was .sandwiched between the Halekalani and Sheraton ,
it provided us with a quite hotel, and easy access to the beach .Hotel beds are so comfortable and bathrooms
well laid out with sensational heated self flushing toilets .Open areas on the 8 th floors were great ,with the both areas giving nice partial views of the beach .Staff there were top notch. Breakfast was OK , geared more towards the Japanese tourists , however we still got bacon eggs and pancakes.no cereals, jam etc.
Having said that , the pastries at this hotel are unbelievably fantastic . BEST danishes ever( including what i had in France ).Worth a visit to their bakery outlet attached to the hotel .

5  Thank 393christobelc

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your overall visit with us! Thank you for taking to time to share your feedback. We, too, consider Halepuna Waikiki a gem and are glad you feel the same.
Hoping to welcome you back soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

This hotel is hands down one of the best if not best I have EVER stayed in! Let me start by saying that I am normally paralyzed with options and I usually give myself a headache from too many reviews. If you are anything like me, I’ll make your life really easy- just book this hotel! You will not regret it.
LOCATION: It is located right behind Sheraton and the sister hotel Halekulani. There is an easy beach access right across the street. There are a ton of restaurants and food options within walking distance. Trolley station is also across the street, a less than 5 minute walk. We only needed a car rental for two out of our 5 day stay and rented from hertz on Lewers street around the block. Highly recommend going to north shore and Haleiwa town to get a feel for real Hawaii, as Waikiki can be very touristy. I also think that the side of Waikiki that Halepuna is on is far superior than the opposite side; it was cleaner, restaurants were better, etc. i only say that because were initially booked at the Hyatt, and after passing it by I’m SO HAPPY we switched . We had a city view room which faced the pool and the Sheraton, and also gave us a glimpse of the ocean. Idk why people get so bent outta shape i read reviews about the construction in the street but let’s be honest if you are gonna stay in a busy area like Waikiki don’t expect to hear crickets at night. If that’s the experience you want you should book a little shack in the north shore.
FOOD: our family, especially my husband, loves breakfast. This buffet, which was included in our hotel package did not disappoint! Omelet station, pancake and waffle ( and mochi waffles) and a full spread of options were impeccable! Fresh pastries, fruit , and rice a miso soup were just a few of the options. There were Japanese and European influences, and you can tell the food is very high quality.
If you happen to order from the pool menu the burger with the taro bun is huge and really tasty.
STAFF/AMENITIES: okay . TOTO toilets are the standard in this hotel. And if you haven’t had the glorious experience of sitting in this luxurious throne, you aren’t living your best life. The rooms have high quality bedding. We had a city view room but our lanai which was really tiny still gave us a view of the ocean! The ocean view rooms are definitely beautiful too. The hotel provides an insulated beach bag, with towels and water for your daily excursions. The room has a small fridge, electric water kettle and keurig coffee maker. There is even a self laundry area , so bring travel sized detergent if you plan to use it. The pool is awesome it is warmed to 85 degrees and the infinity pool is so gorgeous, providing a beautiful view of Waikiki beach. It’s not your typical resort pool- it was not crowded...and like the entire hotel, it is immaculate. They even provided sunscreen! The staff on the premises were so attentive and friendly. Keaton and Karine went above and beyond and made us feel like family . There is even a managers welcome reception on fridays where they serve complimentary tapas and drinks!

This hotel experience has truly changed the way we travel. We wouldn’t hesitate to come back again!!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
9  Thank j-chenrn

Wow! We are very appreciative of your detailed review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Halepuna Waikiki experience. It is gratifying to know our new hotel and our staff helped to make for a memorable visit. We welcome your next stay with us. Until then, please take care!

With warmest regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

Stayed two nights at this property. Lobby and staff are the hilites. My first room had items left behind by the previous guest. Moved to another room and same issue. Then while resting three young girls entered my room having been assigned the same room (key and everything). Potential safety issue.

The rooms are very similar to a Hilton garden inn and the pool area the same. The staff in the restaurant and bakery are so accommodating and friendly.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank BH927

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I understand our managers had heard about your concerns and addressed them while you were still with us. I hope we were able to resolve to your satisfaction. If not, you are welcome to contact me directly and I am happy to discuss further. Otherwise, I do hope you will
allow us another opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 27 February 2020

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It’s located a few feet from the ocean and right next to Sheraton and the sister property Halekulani. The check in process didn’t start off right but the manager stepped in and we were upgraded to a Mountain View. The rooms are modern, they recently renovated the property. The view was awesome. The room was clean, bed very comfortable. Complimentary bottled water and Keurig in room.
Fridge in the room was a plus. Housekeeping checked on us every night to replenish water, empty trash or pick up dirty linen. The shower and the Toto toilet were fabulous.( I might just get me one of those toilets)
The breakfast buffet was delicious, many choices to choose from and the staff were very friendly and attentive. Food was seasoned well and the omelettes were so good!!!!
We had a late night flight and they extended our check out time and also gave us access to the room on the 8th floor to freshen up and relax. WOW!!!!
Overall I enjoyed my stay and highly recommend it. The manager was very friendly and attentive to our needs.
Location is a plus. Will definitely be back!

3  Thank 722Lola88