All reviewstennis hall of famewithin walking distanceprivate parkingquiet locationmy husband and icoffee makersuiterefrigerator
Reviewed 10 July 2016

We were in Newport for a family reunion and due to circumstances wound up staying in two different suites at the Belleview Inn on two different nights, the Parkview one night and the Freebody Suite the other. Both were very quaint with lovely furnishings, very comfortable (and quite large) and clean. We did not meet the owners but the hospitality of Jennifer was really outstanding. This is certainly a bed and breakfast we would patronize again when we return to Newport.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2016

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for your hospitality. We thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay at the Belle View Inn. The location was perfect as we were able to walk to and enjoy the Cliff Walk and Newport's harbor area with its shops and restaurants. The short ride to Fort Adams to watch our son participate in his 10 mile run was also a plus.

Also, thanks for the muffins, fruit and coffee you left for us on Sunday morning. It was greatly appreciated.

Tom & Judy Holak

Room Tip: Exterior suite, private from the Inn
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2014

We stayed here as a last resort, being there were no other places that had availability at the time. Now we know why?? It was OK, room was clean (though needed repairs...hence a huge hole in the ceiling of the closet??), continental breakfast was good, however, we've received much warmer welcomes, better food and felt more comfortable in Many other B&B's we've patronized.

The innkeeper is very business-like and can't wait to get your money no sooner than you walk in?? When we got there, she was talking to someone upstairs, and as we waited patiently...we looked around a bit. I saw this man sitting in what I assumed was a community area on his laptop, who I figured was a guest being he didn't even acknowledge me (which was the first sign of weird...being most we've stayed with are cordial and at least say hello??). Well...we waited, and waited...I peeked upstairs and you'd think knowing we were expected to be there at that time, she would keep an eye out for us...or the woman she was talking with who looked right at us by the way, would say something to her?? Nope! Anyway, she finally came down to greet us. First on the agenda was the credit card...really??? Nothing like paying for a room before you even stay there?? She then zipped through the "schedule" for breakfast, etc... so fast, that we barely took in anything she said, and showed us upstairs to our room. Didn't even know there was a back door where the water and coffee station was, being she never showed us that until I came down later and asked about it?? Come to find out then, that the man I saw was her husband?? Apparently it was too much for him to acknowledge us or get up off of his behind and at least let her know we were there...Seriously?? They live in half the house which is obviously off limits to guests, even though the door was open. Just so strange???

The street they're on is quite a busy. Seems like the residents use it to cut through town. One good thing is that they're walking distance to the Cliff Walk and the center of town. Stop and Shop is right across the street if you run out of anything. They also have their own parking lot which is small, but nice. Views are crap though. Landscaping needs work and is overgrown, so you can't see much of the little there is to see. We will not be staying here again in the near future...just not the treatment we expected for almost $300 per night??

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patty0722
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed here for my first trip to Newport and I will definitely be staying here every time I go up! The room was super clean and modern enough that it was comfortable, but still quaint. Lorna (the owner) was so helpful with recommending things to do and places to eat and her recommendations were always spot on.

The continental breakfast each morning is more than enough with a selection of Greek yogurts, fruit salad, hot and cold cereal, granola, hard boiled eggs, and your choice of a different type of bagel, muffin, croissant, or danish from a nearby bakery. It can't be beat! The coffee is really good, too.

Location-wise it was perfect. You aren't stuck in the hustle and bustle of Thames street, but it's only a 5 minute walk there and it's only 5-10 minutes to the Cliff Walk. The fact that there's parking in a lot is great, too! We never took the car out, except to do the 10 mile ocean drive once.

I will definitely be staying here again and I highly recommend it to anyone coming to Newport and looking for an awesome bed and breakfast experience with modern amenities (separate bathroom so your bathtub isn't in the middle of the room, air conditioning, cable TV, etc.).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Spent 3 days (2 nights) at Belle View Inn and have only great things to say. Great oversized room and bathroom, quiet, and terrific location. Thank you Lorna for being so gracious and helpful and the wonderful breakfasts!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family