“Good find!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

You wouldn't find a lot restaurants in Newport called reasonable, but Annie's is. We had lunch here on a lovely spring day after visiting both Fort Adams and walking part of the Cliff Walk. A friendly welcome as we walked in the door from a smiling waitress called Lauren. I had been wanting a lobster roll, but not at the $19.99 or more that most of the restaurants seemed to think a good price! Annie's had it, however, a generous portion served with cole slaw and fries for four dollars less than the going rate. And it was delicious! My fellow traveler wanted breakfast, and Annie's offerings made him smile. His choice was the strawberry French toast (with real, fresh,sliced strawberries, not sweetened). Coffee was excellent, too. The atmosphere was also nice, reminiscent of former days. Parking across the street for two hours is a bonus. If we had more days in the area, there would have been more visits!

3  Thank palmyralady

Reviewed 2 May 2017

My wife and I, along with our 2 daughters, stopped in for a quick lunch and a break from sight-seeing in the area.

The place is quaint, and I think we were lucky to have missed the lunch rush, as we were seated immediately. The menu was simple, but offered some interesting options. I opted for the crab and corn chowder, which was really good! My wife had the lobster bisque, which didn't disappoint either.

Our girls were content to have pancakes, which they enjoyed.

The service was very friendly, Our server had great timing, checking on us and refilling our drinks. She was also very kind to our girls. (a huge plus in my book)

I had the lobster mac'n cheese, which was pretty good.

All'n'all, a good experience.

2  Thank Cube44
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Ok breakfast but nothing special compared to the reviews. Lobster bisque way too sweet and omelette veggies large chunks not sautéed. For the money I'd look elsewhere. Staff was friendly and quick

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

You've probably been in restaurants like Annie's hundreds of times before. It's like that breakfast spot in your town that all the locals go to every day. It's not that there's anything especially great about it, it's just familiar and comfortable.

We visited Annie's for breakfast before checking out of the Hotel Viking. After paying over 50 bucks for breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel the day before (with 2 kids eating free, mind you), we were hoping for something a little more budget friendly. That was not the case, as our breakfasts of pancakes and eggs still managed to top the $50 barrier. And while the kids did have to pay, the food was just like pancakes and eggs I've had at the little greasy spoon in our hometown at least once a week for as long as I can remember. Just for twice the price.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Do yourself a favour and have breakfast here....great service, food and ambience....and prices! We will be back....

3  Thank tashacody