“Just what we wanted”

Stoneacre Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoneacre Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 257 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$12 - US$48
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Greetings From Stoneacre Brasserie. Please join us in our new home at 28 Washington Square, Newport RI. Reopened in summer of 2017 we offer a full Brasserie menu, cafe service along with lunch daily and brunch every Saturday and Sunday. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Farm to table amazing. This is how we eat. We are newcomers to NewEngland and are so impressed with this restaurant. This was our “big night out” this week. We did make reservations. I had the lobster with orzo and my husband had the braised beef short rib. Christian was our guy. He is upbeat, positive, knowledgeable and could not have been more accommodating and helpful, professional and hardworking.

At the bar, David gave us the history. Contrary to popular thought, New Englanders here are warm, kind, and helpful!! We are blessed to have had this positive experience on our first visit and as always, Trip Advisor reviews didn’t let us down!! It’s nice to have that resource and I hope that I have added one more helpful review. StoneAcre, you are outstanding!!!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stoneacre is a pretty poor place to have lunch. The space is beautiful and the staff are friendly and helpful. The food has been, in my experience, interestingly conceived but inexpertly prepared. And, if you make a poor choice, wildly overpriced. I won't list my problems with the Nicoise salad ($24) I had today, but there was relatively little of it that I could actually eat. I will not try lunch again. I hate to dis a new place to eat in downtown Newport; maybe it is better in the evening.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

This yesterday was a great find today in Newport! The restaurant has a large bar with excellent, knowledgeable staff. The menu changes daily so there will always be new dishes to try.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

The restaurant definitely has a newer more hip vibe to it. Clean, Industrial and modern is how I saw it. The bar area was fairly busy for most of the night so I think it's looking like a place to also just to grab a drink. The service and food were very good. I actually liked the fact that they didn't have any specials because the menu is always changing ...that's refreshing. I also think it's a great touch that the wait staff brings over a sampling from the kitchen, that's always a nice surprise. The menu had some great looking entrees and side dishes but know that it's a bit pricy. It is Newport so it's to be expected somewhat. Everything is a-la-cart as well, so dinner for 2 with a drink is roughly $150. We'll definitely go back again.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

i liked the previous feel of Yesterdays as far as interior goes but this is a kind of NYC look instead of coastal N England. the food was uninspiring. the cooked oysters were luke warm at best and the butter sauce bland. the beet cured salmon was odd but good. the other apps were forgettable. really need a revamp on the food here.