“The Lobster roll”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Looking for the best Lobsta roll?This place has the best I've experienced with a bowl of Chowda on the side !!
Served warm on a soft bun with melted butter in a small cup.
Great atmosphere and friendly service.
Cash or local checks only!

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

We had breakfast at the spa.... It was pretty busy and could tell everyone like it. I had biscuits and gravy. Excellent. Pancake was good too. Service was awesome. The only thing is they only take cash. No credit or debit cards. They have an atm on site if needed. Not really sure about only cash but it was a good place to eat. I would recommend.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

We arrived before 8:00 a.m. on a Saturday - a good decision because the place fills up quick on weekends.

The coffee is fantastic!

I ordered a Western egg white omelet. It was average; a little runny, but still tasty. My spouse ordered pancakes with real maple syrup --- a great choice!

Our server was a very tanned young lady with glasses that, if she made any quick movement, would have seemingly fallen off her nose. She wasn't exactly friendly - very curt and unwelcoming.

Overall, this is a good spot that comes highly recommended by locals who live in Newport.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

We visit Newport each summer and have been to the Franklin Spa on most of those trips. It's definitely a greasy spoon, but it has a great menu with omelets, pancakes/waffles and a variety of breakfast sandwiches. Today's visit missed the mark in a big way.

Our server was pleasant but inattentive. It took a while to receive coffee refills and place our order. After 20+ minutes, we watched the cook place our food on the counter, but our waitress didn't pick it up. She was talking with 2 other servers on the opposite side of the counter. My husband thought of getting up to get the plates himself but decided to ask another server for help. She did not; rather, she assured us it would only be another minute or two! When our food finally arrived, our server informed us that the cook made the wrong French toast, so we would have to wait again. So, half our our table was able to eat. To be fair, we did receive our side orders of scrambled eggs, but (because they were sitting on the counter), they were cold. When our orders of cinnamon French toast with bananas came, the plate had (no exaggeration) an ice-cream scoop of butter, but no cinnamon and...no syrup. The server brought over a bottle of Aunt Jemima's, but it was quickly taken away by another server for other customers.

Okay, so I was a little aggravated with the service, but after all of that, the food was just okay. The kicker came when a delivery man came in with boxes of frozen waffles on a dolly. Do not expect fresh waffles....or hash.

I want to love Franklin Spa, but today's experience fell flat. No doubt, they will do a great business this summer, but I recommend checking your options.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

This place was recommended by the concierge at our hotel. We were excited to try a new breakfast spot. I ordered an egg white omelette with spinach, mushroom and onion. My husband had bacon and eggs. My omelette arrived in a green puddle of spinach water. It was completely tasteless. Even the home fries were not seasoned-- not even salt and pepper! Service was good but food was horrible. The restaurant was empty on a weekday morning at around 9 AM. That should have been a warning to us!