“Unexpectedly wonderful”

Restaurant Bouchard
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Bouchard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 253 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Bouchard Restaurant, a warm relaxed ambiance and gracious welcome signals your arrival. The restaurant serves fine French cuisine in a 1785 Georgian-style house.
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have been to Newport a dozen times together and somehow never came across this restaurant. After reading the reviews I made reservations for his birthday because we don't eat a lot of French food and based off of what I read, the food was amazing. Between the cozy environment, incredible food which came in portions bigger than I expected, warm and friendly service, and music that sounded straight out of the movie ratatouille, it was a fabulous experience. We will go back without a doubt!

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I always look for the good places to dine when I travel, so I researched this one in advance of my trip, and made sure to make a reservation several weeks in advance (a must!). So glad we were able to dine here. It was a superior experience all the way around -- ambiance, food, service. A must-try, if you're a foodie.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Just dined here for the first time with my wife and loved it. Top notch service and excellent food. The lobster bisque was probably the best I’ve ever had; veal chop special was great, as was the Dover Sole; souffle was melting in our mouths and the profiteroles were also excellent. Will definitely go back!

1  Thank Edward C
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Christmas Eve may not be the best night to base a review on, so keep that in mind as you read. The restaurant gets high marks for ambiance--very pretty, and comfortable, even though as first-time diners we were seated in Siberia, the back-back room. Our reservation had been made many, many weeks in advance. The service was flawless: attentive without being obsequious, and very cheerful. Wish I could rave about the food--a pate starter, Dover sole and duck entrees, mixed salads with spiced pear and Roquefort, and Grand Marnier souffle. Pate was grocery-store quality. The Dover sole was not as delicate as I would have expected and had been semi-boned in the kitchen, and the duck was a disaster. It was well cooked, which I do not object to but others might, and coated in a "coffee crust." The crust was literally coffee grounds! I was expecting something along the lines of espresso powder, but no. My dining companion spent the remainder of the evening picking grinds out of her teeth. The much-anticipated GM souffle had no--zero--taste of orange or liqueur, and the creme anglaise with which it was served had no vanilla taste. On the other hand, the drinks were great, and so was the wine by-the-glass. I'd give this place another try on a "regular" night, but I would not go expecting to be bowled over by classic French cuisine.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

My wife and I went here to celebrate our 30th Anniversary. The food was awesome and delicious. Their specialty the re-stuffed lobster was to die for as well as their house souffle for dessert. The service was prompt, friendly, and courteous. I would highly recommend

Been to Restaurant Bouchard? Share your experiences!