“The real thing”

Restaurant Bouchard
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Bouchard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 244 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Bouchard Restaurant, a warm relaxed ambiance and gracious welcome signals your arrival. The restaurant serves fine French cuisine in a 1785 Georgian-style house.
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We ate at Resturant Bouchard. I booked a table for 2 and asked for prime seating. Upon arrival, I was seated at a great table. The waiter was excellent, he recommended a good wine ( not the most expensive) that went well with dinner. Dinner was first rate French Cuisine.The chocolate soufflé was excellent and is highly recommended !!!

Reviewed 15 March 2012

This restaurant's website and reviews cannot do it justice. This was by far the nicest meal, wait staff, and dining experience I've had. Our waiter, (Maxwell I think??) was excellent in recommending main courses as well as wine to pair, and the same with dessert wines. The whole experience was enchanting. I only wish that we lived closer to enjoy this fabulous place more often.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

I've been here twice. The service is top notch. Very professional. The food was small and... average. I was most disappointed with my over-cooked veal chop and sauce that was way more thin than what would have been good.

2  Thank Liam J
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The restaurant was recomended by Dennis & Grant the owners of Hydranger House Inn( a spectaular Inn in Newport). A very quiet night in Newport. When we arrived we were the only people in the restaurant and had a chance to chat with our waiter Matt we got the history of the buisness and the chef owner. Always love hearing the chef is the owner usually a fantastic sign.The food was some of the best we have had from the bread to the Souffle spectualr. Not only just the eye appeal but the flavors were crazy. Will for sure make Bouchards a favorite when visiting Newport. Great job

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Exceptional service. The veal chops and duck were done to perfection. We ordered a souffle for dessert.......heaven.

Been to Restaurant Bouchard? Share your experiences!