We spent a chilly weekend in January at the Chanler. Our room was lovely and faced the sun rising over the Naragansett Bay each morning. Steps away from the cliffwallk, we were able to walk down to the Breakers ( the Vanderbilt "cottage"), take a tour, and walk back. Just wonderful. The staff was immensely helpful, starting with the valet and bellman who knew exactly who we were as we pulled up to check in. Wait staff were exceptional, especially Teddy. Julie at the front desk showed us around and couldn't be more helpful. Maurice the bartender mixes a perfect drink and tops it off with personality. The food at the spiced pear simply cant get any better. The presentation and flavors were superlative. We'll be back as often as we can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning historic mansion hotel located on the famous Cliff Walk in Newport, Rhode Island. Boasting 20 elegant guestrooms, each custom designed around a particular historical period or theme, this luxury hotel allows breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and Easton’s Beach, setting the mood for a truly relaxing and enjoyable vacation. The award-winning Spiced Pear Restaurant and luxurious in-room spa treatments combine to make this boutique hotel the perfect setting for a romantic retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Chanler at Cliff Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chanler At Cliff Walk Hotel Newport
- Chanler At Cliff Walk Newport