“Perfect venue for a Bachelorette weekend!”
Review of Chart House Inn

Chart House Inn
Ranked #36 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We had a group of 13 girls that stayed at the Chart House Inn this past weekend and we had a blast! The Inn is the perfect venue for large groups/bachelorette weekends in Newport - several bedrooms and 8 bathrooms!. The house is very clean and cozy. The innkeeper, Allison is so nice and accomodating, she cleaned the entire house while we were out at the bars! She also prepared all of us breakfast in the morning which was absolutely delicious. I definitely plan on returning to the Chart House Inn again for another large group getaway soon!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank MSM1685
There are newer reviews for Chart House Inn

Reviewed 19 September 2010

I was a guest at the Chart House Inn for a girls-bachelorette weekend in September. The Inn was perfect! The Inn keeper was very friendly. The rooms were all very clean as well as the bathrooms, living room, dining area. I would definetly go back! It was a perfect house for a large group....

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank oceanescape
Reviewed 3 August 2010

We went to The Chart House with 16 ppl for my daughters bachorlette party weekend. The Chart House is quaint, charming and just what we all had hoped for. Alison, the Innkeeper couldnt have been more accomodating to all of us, even making many trips to and from the beach for us (she drove groups there and back) Who does that?? She is a wonderful cook, as the breakfast each day was sumptuous, I think we all gained a few lbs! The rooms were lovely and spacious and clean. We all had our own bathrooms as well. The location was perfect, stores and restaurants all in a short walking distance from the inn. We have already decided to go back again next summer..........I highly recommend staying at the Chart House Inn........thanks Alison for making my daughters weekend so wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank susielousie
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Where do I start? The love of my life and I needed to get away for a long 4th of July weekend. We picked Newport at the very last minute, and magically Allison answered our call and made it happen! What a sweetheart she is, and what a great place the Chart House is. We stayed on the top floor in a suite, and it was perfect for the two of us. Air conditioned bedroom, which came in very handy this hot weekend. Very clean. Spacious. Little fridge for food and drink. Within walking distance to nearly everywhere. Walk one block over and one down and you're at the harbor. Safe location, and like another review I read, we felt very safe with the locked doors. It's bright, very comfortable, and CLEAN. Great parking. Nice spread for breakfast, but not over the top. Great baked goods, fruits, yogurt, bagels, coffee, juice: just right. But Allison is what made it all perfect for us. She is so gracious, personable, down to earth and informed. She's a darling. We will DEFINITELY be back to the Chart House.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bossborn2run
Reviewed 25 July 2009

I wanted to make a reservation, but my boyfriend did not. Thank God we didn't, or we wouldn't have stumbled upon The Chart House Inn!
Allison was the perfect hostess. She seemed like someone we would be friends with. We checked out some surrounding Inns & hotels. MANY smelled like MILDEW & some didn't seem as safe.
One place boasted comfortable beds...... I actually sank in the mattress when I sat on it, (maybe the mattress was historical too LOL) We went right back to Allison whose only response was a gracious smile. I was very pleased by the price. $ is tight as we were both laid off, but this place was perfect. The front door locks automatically which made us feel safer. We were walking back from a bar at 2 AM & some inns had the front doors propped open! Just another reason to pick The Chart House Inn! The location; perfect. Just one block into town, so close enough to have wine with dinner but far enough to have a quiet night. The room had air conditioning & this was one of the few places without squeaky floors. I also liked the sun room upstairs.
My only complaint............ I wish that we could have stayed longer.
Allison is happy to answer any questions that you may have about the area. The rooms were immaculate & Allison left the sweetest note & flowers for us as we were there for our anniversary. Isn't that just what you want when sharing a roof? A thoughtful, approachable, charismatic host? The Chart House Inn is the only place to stay in Newport. Thank you Allison for making us feel so at ease. The Chart House Inn is fortunate to have you.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple