“Great location and friendly staff.”
Review of America's Cup Inn

America's Cup Inn
Ranked #25 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great location and friendly staff.”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

America's Cup Inn has a great location and we found the staff to be nice and very helpful. Even though we were on the first floor, the noise of the street wasn't a problem. But like most older hotels, the walls were a little thin and we did hear some noise on occasion from our neighbors. The worst was the water sounds from a 5:00AM shower. But the recently redone room (103) was clean and nice. Plenty of room for the king size bed. Parking was a bit difficult, but we waited until 8:00PM and found a spot in the lot right near the hotel. Breakfast was served at 8:00AM and had plenty of breads, pancakes, waffles, fruit, cold cuts, yogurt, pre-made egg omelets, bacon, juices, and coffee.

We enjoyed being in the middle of the action. We walked to dinner and bars which were all very close to the hotel.

Room Tip: Room 103 was on the first floor and the window was right on the side walk. We had to keep the shade...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doug4650

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I took my fiance here...his first time to Newport. America's Cup Inn was FANTASTIC! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had our choice of two rooms and the one we picked was perfect for us---it had a tiny balcony--no view but we did not care. Bed comfty, bath clean. Frige in the room. I read previous reviews of the fish pond not being up to par. It was fine. Some people are just very critical. The breakfast was supurb---plentiful and lots of choices. The location was not to be beat! The parking was not a problem, but we were here in early December 2011 so its not exactly peak season. Yes, the building is old, but thats what we liked about it. It was quaint and charming. The downstairs LR and DR were well appointed with nice antique pieces. If i had to say anything derogratory it would be that there is no elevator...not a problem for us as we were on the second floor. I highly recommend this Inn---the price was WELL worth it! I have traveled extensively, this reminded me a hotel in Europe, except our room was very spacious. You will not be dissapointed.

Room Tip: You can see photos of all the rooms on line---so if you are particular you can specify your choice a...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank betsy r
Berlin, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Was in town for business last week and stayed here because the price was right and it is centrally located. I read a few of the reviews and agree with some of the negative reports but I am familiar with Newport and have been curious about what the place was like inside so I decided to give it a try.

My advise to this inn would be to lose the fish pond in the lobby (as mentioned by others), replace the carpeting on the stairs and in the rooms. Bathroom in my room could stand to be updated too. Bottom line - you get what you pay for!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
NY
Reviewed 6 December 2011

When we booked we were never told about the ridiculous cancellation policy- you have to to pay the first night if you don't give them 7 days notice!! No one told us that, so when we cancelled after reading all of the lousy reviews we were hit with this enormous cancellation fee. Are you kidding me??! $350 dollars, really? Unprofessional, rude and poorly reviewed. We ended up staying at the Hyatt and it was a lovely vacation. I would never stay here! Trust the reviews.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank yorkiegirl999
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 September 2011

My son and I stayed in one of the 1 BR apartments for 4 days on a last-minute trip in August. We were grateful to have found a room at last-minute's notice. The staff was exceptional, helpful and gracious. Parking was not easy, or expensive in the lot across the street ($18/day with discount from hotel). We always found a spot, though, within a 6 block walk. Breakfast was very good, and plentiful. Very European. The room (with a fold-out sofa in the LR for my son) was fine---think character---it was very clean, a bit "frumpy", and the shower was broken, but was fixed immediatley when I reported it. Nothing luxurious, but was perfect for an unscheduled stay, and being able to cook in (full kitchen) helped. Wireless service was spotty. Newport is beautiful, and I would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family