“Gourmet and Gourmand Meat Lovers' Paradise”
Review of Rodizio Grill

Rodizio Grill
Ranked #8 of 117 Restaurants in American Fork
Price range: US$15 - US$26
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Those who enjoy the attentions of their food servers will LOVE Rodizio Grill.

After an enthusiastic greeting by the hostess, your party gets seated at a table or booth within a dining room adorned with paintings from the beautiful beaches and mountains of Brazil, and just a short trip to the buffet line of fruits, salads, vegetables and breads, some familiar American dishes, but many unique to or influenced by our Portuguese speaking neighbors of South America.

For instance, white rice is common everywhere, but the black beans you pour on top were cooked with several types of pork, sausage (linguica), or other meats and spices loved by the country people of southern Brazil. This is traditionally topped with a generous sprinkling of a course ground flour like substance called "farofa" (toasted cassava or manioc flour).

On the table in front of you is a small wooden spindle painted red on one end and green on the other. Stand this upright with the green end upwards, and you will begin receiving periodic visits by gaucho's (pronounced "gah-oush'-oohs" in Brazil, or "gauche'-oohs" by Spanish speakers). They come armed with a sword on which is skewered a type of meat, and a sharp knife. After informing you what meat they are presenting, they await your gesture or statement about whether you would like to try some of their offering. If you say, yes, they will begin carving off a slice, and wait while you pick up your tongs and catch hold of the free end of the meat prior to their completely detaching the piece for you.

Every couple of minutes, another gaucho (dressed in traditional boots, pants and shirt of the Brazilian cowboy) arrives with a different meat, or sausage, or glazed pineapple (you simply must try the pineapple).

When you feel the need for a break from this attention, turn the spindle red side up and they will skip your table, until you turn the green back on top. Then when you are finished with your meal and ready for desert and the check, lay the spindle on its side.

During your meal, you are serenaded with Brazilian music softly playing. Mostly Samba music, with some other more recent popular tunes from Brazil.

Should you mention that a member of your party is celebrating a birthday, you will be treated to the birthday tune sung with Portuguese lyrics. Feel free to join in the singing.

Yes, you will enjoy good food, good fun, and a welcoming Brazilian hospitality (since many of the workers there are from Brazil, or at least have lived there for a number of years). If you are receptive, you may even receive an abraco (hug) or beijo (cheek kiss) as a sign of friendship.

Take your time, relax, and enjoy being pampered as you tantalize your tastebuds, and satisfy your stomach with Brazilian foods served authentically in Brazilian hospitality style at your nearby Rodizio Grill.
(google it--there may be a Rodizio closer to you than you think)

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We had reservations for our after our son's college graduation. We arrived a little early and the restaurant was fairly empty and they made us wait until our reservation time. The salad bar isn't nearly as big as Tucano's in Provo/Salt Lake. The food was just average and we wanted it to be good because we brought friends an family with us to celebrate. The meat was good and there was plenty of it and the staff were pleasant, it just wasn't the great experience we were hoping for.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

To be completely fair, I want to leave an honest review and start off by saying this: I have been to countless Rodizio Grills this past year with nothing short of amazing and outstanding food and customer service. However, the Rodizio Grill in Lehi, UT left me feeling quite empty like I haven't felt in years.

It's a cold and chilling evening as my girlfriend and I run inside Rodizio Grill to escape the poor weather and enjoy the Brazilian food that we booked in advanced through reservation services at approximately 7:30pm. We walk in five minutes to the mid hour and arrive early. The trio of hostesses welcome us and assure us that we will be seated shortly. My date and I notice many, many, and many more families without reservations (and couples for that matter) get seated before us. 25 minutes later we are finally seated. That's right. 25. Minutes. Later. Our reservation was nothing short of a long forgotten C-note. I'm not sure if it's because of our age that we were dismissed, however, I assure you that there is absolutely no excuse to be left this long in line amidst a sea of people with no prior reservations.

Thankfully enough, the food was amazing. We spent thirty minutes of our precious time eating.

Intermission.

Finally, it's check time. Our waiter had been great for the first thirty minutes. However, once he receives our check he disappears as great as the Magnificent Houdini and is nowhere to be found. Even now, as I write this message, I am left waiting for him.

Quite frankly, the hostesses and the server were about as awful as the guy that cuts you off in rush hour.

I would rate this place 0 stars if I could. Where are you server? Does anyone care?

Rodizio G, Manager at Rodizio Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

As a manager of Rodizio Grill, we are horrified to hear of your recent experience. We would like the opportunity to further discuss and rectify this with you. Please send your contact information to: reviews@rodiziogrill.com. Thank you in advance for your time.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

I was really disappointed by this restaurant. The glasses had so many water spots on them that I wondered if they were clean. I thought the food was mediocre the salad bar was not good. The Trolley location is so much better.
The waitress and the staff for all very nice. Overall it was pretty disappointing.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

LOTS of meat, great food, lots of fun. Unlimited assortment of Meat is grilled and brought to your table. Tendency is to just carry on eating:(. Not cheap, but a good place for celebrations

1  Thank Tony d