“Saturday breakfast before shopping ”

Public Espresso + Coffee
Ranked #3 of 17 Quick Bites in Buffalo
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Dropped in for breakfast on our way to the farmers market this morning - what a treat! Located inside the Lafayette Hotel, Public Espresso offers a nice selection of both homemade pastries, breakfast selections and coffee. Friendly and engaging staff, large dining space with comfortable seating and city street views. My wife had the breakfast plate which was very generous while I went with cinnamon roll - both fantastic! Enjoyed this very much and we will return!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Espresso perfection. Robust flavor. Great setting with table service. Nitro will get you going for sure. Strong, decoratively prepared cappuccino. A great stop for a take away up to a stay and work.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 12 June 2018

I was walking back from a meeting on Main Street to my car; while I waited to cross the street I saw the sign on the outside of the building and decided to stop in for a quick lunch before heading home.

The atmosphere is terrific - chic, sleek, modern, eclectic without feeling like a yard-sale. The bakery items are beautifully displayed, and the super long bar is inviting. The menu board is simple and classic (and the menu on the counter with additional descriptions of the items offered is super helpful). Everything about this place screams "THIS IS A PLACE TO SPEND TIME AND TREAT YOURSELF."

I ordered a coffee and the sweet ricotta toast. I was able to grab a great seat on the couch by the window and did a little reading while I waited for the friendly staff to bring my order. Not long after I sat down, the coffee was brought out on a sweet little tray, and the toast was brought out not long after. Sophisticated flavors, fresh ingredients, beautifully presented. What more could I ask for in a lunch ?

I will definitely be back. I only wish this beautiful cafe was closer to my office so I could spend more time there. Do yourself a favor and stop in when you have a little time to turn off the world outside and treat yourself.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Public's coffee is outstanding :) delicious, well made and their snacks, sandwiches very welcoming in the morning. The staff welcoming and friendly.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Dropped in here for breakfast on Easter Sunday and had some excellent coffee and avocado on toast. Staff were efficient and friendly. The vibe was calm and relaxed. This is a good place to relax. The avocado was simple and all the better for it. Finished up with a lavender cake which was exquisite. Some interesting decor in the rest rooms which was just on the right side of being tasteful. This is part of the adjoining Hotel Lafayette which has been beautifully restored and is worth a visit if you are there for a coffee. I'll be back here soon.

Date of visit: April 2018