“Wish it had been better...”
Review of 716 Food & Sport

716 Food & Sport
Reserve with OpenTable
716 Food & Sport is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 1,183 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: (716) Food and Sport is dedicated to providing the premier fan, food and sports experience for residents and visitors of Western New York, with a commitment to hospitality, quality, and the community. (716) is our code. The secret language among Western New Yorkers is our deep passion for both food and sport. Combining the two in our state-of-the-art destination creates the ultimate fan experience.
Reviewed 16 September 2018

I am a Buffalo native, so good food, good beer, and watching good games among friends and/or family is hugely important to me. 716 was recommended as a great place for all these things. They hit on all three and I would have happily given them a five out of five except for one thing. We were absolutely made to feel as if we were inconveniencing the managers and hosts by occupying a table.

Now, let me be absolutely clear: I in no way blame our server for the muck-up. She served our table with grace and care and went out of her way to keep the situation from getting worse. It was the fact that we were constantly reminded by the hosts that the restaurant was terribly, terribly busy because Elton John concert! And another party had reserved our table! NOT MY PROBLEM. Why was our party made to feel guilty for occupying space, after we were well on our way to spending over $200 because the hosts and managers at 716 couldn’t handle their reservations?

So, sadly, the food was good, the beer was tasty, the Notre Dame game was fun to watch, but the end result was we felt we were not welcome once 5:00 rolled around and our table was up for another party.

One note here: I have worked in the hospitality industry in various capacities since 1975. You cannot tell me that the host couldn’t figure this one out without making us feel like intruders.

1  Thank Michelle M

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Family of 16 comes in mid-afternoon and they seat us, then tell us we can’t have our tables. Then tell us half of our party can’t come to the restaurant. Wait until we get our bill, and then ask us to leave. Telling us they have a 90 minute table policy. And a sports bar?? This is not the servers fault, she was great and very accommodating. Two managers later, the management sucks. Spent $300 and left feeling completely ripped off. And we didn’t get to finish watching our game!

1  Thank hak4
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

We only had appetizers they were just okay nothing fresh or homemade. The menu and bar are a bit pricey

Reviewed 2 September 2018

7 of us went for dinner and we really enjoyed the atmosphere. The waitstaff was excellent and attentive (and just the right amount of fun). The food was tasty and there were many great options including all the expected Buffalo cuisine items. On-site parking is validated (bring your ticket in and they deduct the cost from your bill). Canal-side is right next door if you want to take a nice stroll.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I had heard of this place from several people. They all mentioned the giant TV and beef on a wick. They were right on. This sports bar has a great atmosphere, lots of sports trivia displays, ice hockey bar counters and lots of delicious bar food. My two companions and I had the 716 Beef on a Wick which was just about the best sandwich I've ever had. Gotta love those crispy chips that go with it. Lots of beverage choices to wash it down with. Great service makes it all come together. Did I mention the giant tv?

1  Thank Robert H