“Good find”
Review of Osteria 166

Osteria 166
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria 166 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,198 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

In Buffalo for two days on a project, and a friend recommended Osteria 166. Good advice. Had a delightful evening dining at the bar with a very capable bartender. A salad with ahi tuna came in two sizes and the bartender, when asked, said the smaller version would likely suffice. That's quality service. He was right. It was very good as was the evening. Almost always a good reflection on a restaurant in the macro, when an enjoyable and delicious dinner can be had at the bar.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Had dinner here with colleagues during a week night - started quiet and slow, but filled up by 7pm and got really LOUD - was so hard to hear conversation at my own table from all the noise around us! We had the rizzoto logs and charcuterie plate for starters - rizzoto was probably the best thing we had that night - charcuterie was a lot of leafy lettuce and salami mets and not much cheese or olives at all. I had two sides - broccolini and angel hair pasta for the cacio e pepe. The broccolini was cooked unevenly and the pasta was clumped together - would describe the food I got as "lifeless." Others had the bucatini carbonara and the spaghetti with the sunday sauce. The last dish came out with a rose sauce on it instead so we asked to have it sent back - they came back with sunday sauce over the rose - maybe misunderstood? But eventually got it right. Server herself was very nice, but overall team was lacking her enthusiasm.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Osteria has a private room upstairs from the main restaurant and the menu was buffet style, but outstanding. We had an array of Italian appetizers that were what you expected for flavor and presentation in Italian food. The main items of pastas, beef and chicken were cooked perfectly and flavorful. The staff attending to our party was very attentive and professional. I’d definely go back to explore the main restaurant when I am in Buffalo again. Downtown has a lot going on and Osteria should be on your list of places to eat.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

I stopped in for dinner after a conference day and was pleasantly surprised. You walk through the bar to a nice seating area. Our server was super nice and the appetizer bread is amazing. Say yes to these carbs. I also got a dirty martini that was perfectly balanced. The seared salmon over risotto was very flavorful. If you need a place to walk to from nearby hotels or conference center stop in!

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Celebrated my daughters birthday here and could not have been more impressed with the service. Everyone was extremely friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and always smiling. You do not find this kind of service often anymore. Thumbs up to whoever hires and trains this staff. Have been highly recommending to everyone I talk to! Now for the food!! Stuffed pepper risotto sticks as an appetizer were very good. I really enjoyed my chicken un mattone. The rest of my family enjoyed the smoked duck and angel hair, eggplant Parmesan, chicken Parmesan (huge portion), Lamb and Filetto. Only complaint was the eggplant skin was somewhat tough due to how big the pieces were cut. Our server Robert did an outstanding job. Parked on the street. Paid lot right next door. Check this place out. You won't be sorry!!

Date of visit: September 2018
MrsSumers, General Manager at Osteria 166, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thank you so much. Thank you for celebrating with us! We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Osteria 166? Share your experiences!