“Outstanding food and even better service”
Review of Osteria 166

Osteria 166
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria 166 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,154 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Celebrated my daughters birthday here and could not have been more impressed with the service. Everyone was extremely friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and always smiling. You do not find this kind of service often anymore. Thumbs up to whoever hires and trains this staff. Have been highly recommending to everyone I talk to! Now for the food!! Stuffed pepper risotto sticks as an appetizer were very good. I really enjoyed my chicken un mattone. The rest of my family enjoyed the smoked duck and angel hair, eggplant Parmesan, chicken Parmesan (huge portion), Lamb and Filetto. Only complaint was the eggplant skin was somewhat tough due to how big the pieces were cut. Our server Robert did an outstanding job. Parked on the street. Paid lot right next door. Check this place out. You won't be sorry!!

MrsSumers, General Manager at Osteria 166, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thank you so much. Thank you for celebrating with us! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Came on a night they had a musician playing and wasn’t too loud that you had to yell over one other. The atmosphere is modern and somewhat minimalist and gives you a hint of Italian culture. Food was delicious and the service was fantastic.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We were seated right away but then waited a long time until I finally had to ask.. so we had time to look around a little and were not impressed with the atmosphere, lighting, decor, and especially the cheap and uncomfortable chairs. Really low end. Food was good, but not good enough to make up for the slow service and lack of atmosphere. Much better choices available in downtown Buffalo.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

My entree was the Porchetta e Gnocchi. Let's cut to the chase - the gnocchi was tough, the pork was undistinguished, and the entire dish shimmered in an ersatz greasy reduction that was, one supposes, a stab at flavoring things up a bit. My dinner companion was equally unhappy with her selection. The service was good. I am stumped by the many positive reviews garnered by the O. As a charitable guess, they probably may do a few things well. But there are several fine establishments within walking distance where you will not roll the dice on meal quality.

MrsSumers, General Manager at Osteria 166, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Hello Charles, I do apologize for your disappointment. We ask you to give us another chance. We take pride in our food. I am not sure why your dis was not up to par but we do make a lot of items from scratch and our goal is to please.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Very good Italian food. The stuffed pepper risotto sticks, pasta bolognese, and oxtail ragu were delicious. The music was a little loud for conversation, but the service was good.

Been to Osteria 166? Share your experiences!