“Dinner ”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

While staying at a nearby hotel and not waiting food from a chain. I saw Prima on yelp and decided to give it a try. I decided to go with the calzone. There were 3 choices listed on the menu. However, you have the option to add additional ingredients. I went with pepperonis and onions. My perfect combination. It was made to order and was told it may take up to 25 minutes. It was worth the wait and hot and yummy.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 16 June 2017

My friend and I were looking for a place to have lunch, between visiting two museums. We are totally unfamiliar with this area, and were looking for a place to have lunch. We found a parking spot close to Prima Pizza so we took it. We both had one of the daily specials and they were inexpensive and good. Service was fast and friendly. We did not check out the upstairs seating (since we had very little time) so we took one of the few downstairs spot. It was kind of in the middle of the hustle and bustle, but it was our choice.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 26 May 2017

I live close to Prima, so it's easy for me to drop in, but I'm more like,y to take the easy route and have them deliver. I'm a repeat customer. This is some of the best if not the best pizza and Italian food in Buffalo.
Conveniently located right in the heart of downtown, on the corner of Chippewa and Pearl Streets, it is very close to Sheas and the theatre district, so it is very busy on nights that Sheas have a production.
Though I live close by, that is not the only reason I go to Prima: I have the choice of all the best downtown restaurants. I chose to return to Prima because of the quality of the food. It is exceptional. My usual order is either a large or sheet pizza with Pepperoni, and a 10-20 piece chicken wing order ( Garlic Parmesan- yummy!). When I eat inside the restaurant I will have one of their pasta dishes rather than pizza.
Staff here are great. Very friendly, they remember me when I show up. When I call, they are courteous and friendly and take the time to help with an order. Delivery can be lengthy due to it's being so busy, and can take up to an hour from order to delivery on very busy nights, but I find that the order generally shows up before the appointed time. This slight delay is not enough to take off points: it's what I expect when I order freshly cooked food, and it is well worth the wait.
Prima is an Italian restaurant with great Italian food and well worth a visit while you're in Buffalo!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

I've come here before and used to order every once in a while when I used to work downtown. I never had an issue with service, food, or anything. The place isn't something incredible, but it was always good. Tonight, however, was an exception. I walked in with my husband to grab a slice of pizza and some fries before a show at Shea's. Upon entering, we found three women working behind the counter. Two young ladies preparing food at the far end and one woman standing at our end watching the football game on the TV. She paced behind the counter fixated on the game rather than her customers (we were the only ones). She completely ignored us. I finally was able to make eye contact with her which was when she stopped watching the game and stared at me. I assumed (because she did not ask) that she wanted to know what we wanted to order. We ordered two slices of pizza, an order of cheese fries and a fountain drink to share. I paid with my credit card and added a tip hoping it would encourage more engagement, attentiveness, or, at the very least, a smile. It did none. We sat and waited. After a minute, she yelled to me to get my cup for my drink. I went and filled it up and we waited for our fries to be made and our pizza to be heated. While waiting, she took or made a call on her cell phone and proceeded to berate someone on the other end of the phone. A few other customers arrived and were treated to the same hospitality. After she took their orders, she went back to her football game. We were alerted by one of the young ladies that our fries were ready so we started on those while we continued to wait for our pizza. I WILL say the cheese fries are always delicious, and today was no exception. We finished our fries and refilled our soda and had started to wonder about the pizza which had still been heating in the oven while the first woman had continued to watch the game. While we initially attributed the wait to the possibility that the pizza was actually cold vs room temp prior to heating, we discovered that was not the case when one of the young girls who was cooking took a customer's order and went to heat a slice of pizza. She opened the door to the oven and found that our slices had burned. The woman who had helped us seemed uninterested in the situation. The young lady who discovered the burnt pizza offered an apology and different slices, but the flavor we ordered was no longer in stock and nothing else looked appetizing. We decided to eat the burnt pizza and leave for the show.

I have no issue with a mistake being made resulting in a botched order at a restaurant, but when you're treated so poorly by the staff, it really leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Needless to say, it'll probably be quite some time until I return...if at all now that there are more and more options in the area.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

I worked here 2002 to 2003 and this place is great, good food and options and right in Chippewa street. :) I would highly recommend to anyone looking for food after a football game or checking out the night life in Buffalo.

Date of visit: June 2016