“Food ok, service alarmingly poor”
Review of K Gallagher's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
K Gallagher's
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Deli
Reviewed 29 July 2012

It is with sadness I write this review. We have enjoyed K Gallagher's for some time, but yesterday changed my mind (service was that bad). After being the only people in the dining room for a few minutes, the server sauntered over to give us our menus..while cradling her cell phone next to her ear. "I'm on hold," she said. My husband asked what kind of bottled beer they had, but she had to interrupt herself because apparently her party came on the phone. Sorry we interrupted your call. Oh that's right...you're supposed to be working! We ordered two different apps, and she came back with "looks like we're out." No apology. When our food arrived, she never checked on us - we had to ask for another round of drinks. We asked for extra napkins and she gave us each just one. The food was pretty good. But there are LOTS of places with good food in Buffalo. The bad service sealed the deal for us. Clearly, this woman was not a real server (maybe she was just filling in? who knows!). We will go elsewhere next time.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

K Gallagher's is well-situated in Allentown, but doesn't have the same haughty atmosphere that is common among the area's more upscale dining establishments.

It's a good place to go if you'd like a casual atmosphere, pretty good food and generally friendly staff, but aren't overly concerned about great service.

1  Thank Patrick G
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This little gem I found on my last trip and it was where I returned to on this trip. Staff and Customers alike are very friendly and out going. The food is super cheap and the portions generous. Ask a local what they would recommend and 9 out of 10 times they say I have never had a bad meal here. How often do you here that. This is a must see when you are in the area.

Reviewed 20 August 2010

Good value food (great burgers) and excellent service. Good 'locals' atmosphere.

Reviewed 8 April 2010

The menu is full of Buffalo staples… beef on weck, burgers etc. The food was average, the service sucked. Took forever to get our drinks and the waitress was rude and never checked back with us once. Other tables were seated, served and had their bill before we even had our orders taken. Would never recommend as a restaurant …. But the bar was awesome. Friendliest bartenders in Allen town.