“Great Place for Lunch near the Airport”

Charlie The Butcher's Express
Ranked #66 of 1,183 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

My husband had been here with a friend and he raved about it so we decided to stop enroute to Muskoka Lakes region of Canada. Although it was a bit out of the way, I’m so glad we stopped. The beef on weck was so good! I’m not a huge sandwich person but this was an excellent sandwich! Everything is made fresh here and I don’t think that you could order anything here and not truly enjoy it!
Definitely will return when we are in the area.
Prices are reasonable and the food is made to order!

Reviewed 9 June 2018

I have heard a lot about this place, and finally tried their food. The restaurant is a small place at the corner. You basically walk right into the order area as soon as you opened the door. I was there on the lunch hour and it was busy. I loved their prime rib. It was juicy. Price was reasonable and service was good. There is sitting area outside.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

I was in town on business and asked one of our local guys to take me to an authentic Buffalo place for something notable. This is a must do. Beef on Weck is a real classic sandwich. I had mine with a bit of horseradish and it was excellent. Service was fast and friendly. On a nice day you can sit outside too. Great place to visit and near the airport too.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

This is just a little take out spot, hence the "Express". It's a quick and easy place to get a great lunch. I no longer live in Buffalo, but made a trip back to do some family history research at the Downtown Library. One of the things I miss most about WNY is the food, particularly the Beef on Weck. If you know what this is then you know what I mean. If you have never had this sandwich, and are going to Buffalo it is a must have. Charlie the Butcher has some of the best. The roast beef is melt in your mouth tender and done just right, not too rare and not too well. The Kimmelwick rolls are soft and salty, just like they should be. Prices are also good and they have several sides to go with your sandwich. They also serve other types of sandwiches and I am sure they are just as tasty. The bonus with this place is that it is located in the Historic Ellicott Square building, which is truly beautiful in it's "old way", also it is an easy walk from most central downtown places. Try it, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

We were told that experiencing Charlie the Butcher's is a must-try while in Buffalo so we headed directly there after a long day of flying.. and we were not disappointed! THE best Beef on Weck. Ever. The roast beef is tender and flavorful - melt in your mouth good!