“First visit..... Are we in France?”
Review of Coco Bar & Bistro

Coco Bar & Bistro
Ranked #100 of 1,117 Restaurants in Buffalo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2015

This was our first visit to Coco and being a known Francophile, I should have been here prior to this. It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon of the Memorial Day weekend, so the place was fairly empty. We were advised that the kitchen wasn't serving many specials and they were out of some items, which was disappointing. I think if you are a restaurant and you open your doors, every diner deserves your best service and food. No excuses.

Regardless, we loved the ambience and decor. We peeked at the patio and it was a delightful space. I hope to eat there this summer. It was spacious and welcoming. But the inside was so fabulous, I had to spend the meal there. There are many French bistro touches...brick walls, chalkboards, wood floors, high ceilings, multi-tier dining, large windows looking out on Main Street, and an awesome bar. It was lovely!! Reminds me of the Left Bank Restaurant.

Service was by a cute young server who was a little too casual for my tastes, but still sweet and congenial. We had cocktails, beer, and wine. Bread was delicious with a terrific white bean spread that I could eat by the bucket. We ordered two salads, which they split in the kitchen.... THANK YOU....... And they were lovely and fresh. The French Country Salad had walnuts, beets, and chèvre cheese and the arugula salad was the perfect fresh peppery mix I wanted.

On to dinner. There were three of us and we split the Proscuitto and Pea Pizza and two orders of mussels. The pizza was great...salty and with a thin crust. The Thai Curry Mussels were excellent, with a delicious broth. The Dark and Stormy Mussels were very good, with the anise flavor coming through, but I couldn't taste the ginger beer or other flavors in the description. The mussels came in little pots and the servings were very generous....a few dozen. A very good meal. Dessert? I would have loved it!!! But we were told they were "out of almost everything" when we asked what they had, which turned us off so much we said, "Never mind". But, if your doors are open and so is my wallet, you should serve me as you would serve a Saturday night customer.

There were several mussel preparations and several trout preparations. Evidently the trout is served whole... I am not a fan of the whole bone and head thing, so I steered clear. But if you don't like mussels or trout or pizza.....hmmmmm.......kind of a limited menu. We ate well and were happy, but if you plan on trying Coco, check the menu online before you go, as it may not have what you're looking for.

All in all, a great spot for the return of Main Street and the Medical Campus. I will definitely return.

1  Thank ABCrocks

Reviewed 22 April 2015

My mom, sister and I visited Coco recently. We absolutely loved everything about it. The French-themed decorations are such a nice touch. The wait staff was extremely friendly. The menu was unique and reasonably priced. We absolutely loved the French cheese platter and the Pea & Prosciutto pizza. We will definitely be back in the summer!

Reviewed 21 April 2015

Always welcoming, excellent menu, good wines, reasonable. Easy parking. Love the bar tender. Recommend it highly.

Reviewed 25 February 2015

Went here with a local whilst in town. Food was great and the service was good. Lovely bar area as well.

Reviewed 23 February 2015

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Salad, entrees and dessert were all fabulous. Definitely a favorite!