“worst dinner experience ever”
Review of 31 Club

31 Club
Ranked #128 of 1,130 Restaurants in Buffalo
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Elmwood
Transit: South Elmwood and Johnson Park bus stop. Delaware Avenue and Johnson Park bus stop.
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

We have been to many restaurants over the years as a group of ten people and in other places have gotten great food. This place the service was terrible. We asked several times for drinks and a soup that never came. The food was bland no flavor, small portions and crazy expensive. The worst food. DON'T GO HERE. Don't waste your time or money. If I could give a negative review I would. So disappointed.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

This nice restaurant is one block off the main street of downtown Buffalo. It is located in a large house that has been converted into a supper club and cocktail bar. As a result, it immediately has a comfortable feeling about it after stepping inside. The bar area is inviting and people in there are very obviously enjoying themselves.

The dining area is a largish room with tables spaced well apart. They offer outdoor dining on a patio in good weather as well. Service is good, not rushed. The food is very good and there is plenty of choice on the wine list.

This was a return visit for us having dined there two years previously and we were not disappointed.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Went there to celebrate a college graduation. 6 in our party and seated us in a tight round table in the corner, with no room for dishes or seats. This was after a 15 minute wait to be seated in an empty restaurant. The girl taking our orders was so rude, took her time getting drink orders and could not tell us what the menu items were. She brought over a basket of muffins, 4 muffins for 6 people, and they were broken and hard. Looked like they came from the last table that was served. Finally ordered the brunch menu, and she totally screwed that up. I have to say the food was delicious. Extremely small portions, such as what you would get in an exclusive dining such as the Bellagio Picasso room. She stepped on my husbands foot several times with no apology. Taking our credit card to pay, she stood in the doorway of what looked to be the kitchen area talking to another employee for over 10 minutes while we waited for her to return our credit card. She deserved no tip, but being my son chose the restaurant we didn't want to complain too much as it was his graduation, so we did tip her sufficiently. First and last time we will ever step foot in that restaurant.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Just to add to Maria Sebastian's review. I am her husband, and I agreed to 31 Club as a celebration because we had gone there years ago and had a nice evening. I don't want to repeat everything my wife said yesterday, but I want to make sure everyone who reads this knows that we went to this restaurant in high spirits to enjoy a meal and each other's company. Though the food itself was enough of an insult, for me it was the attitude of hostess, bartender, waiter, and manager that left the bad taste in my mouth. I'm sure every restaurant has an off night, but this was every detail right down the line.
Luckily, we salvaged the food part of our evening by stopping by Shango on Main for a wonderful dessert.Thanks to Maria and Shango.

Perry Nicholas

Reviewed 3 March 2018

My husband was craving steak for a birthday dinner. I do not eat meat or seafood but figured I would try the spinach fettucine. We looked forward to it for at least a week and planned to splurge a bit (teacher salaries here, folks). The service was TERRIBLE including the manager. I'm trying to keep this short. The "spinach fettucine" was unrecognizable: about half a cup of green noodles, some red/SPICEY sauce, NO spinach (I guess the green noodles was the spinach), and about a cup of cut up frozen veggies like squash and zucchini. It was the size of an appetizer for $21--an ENTREE with no side or salad. AWFUL. I thought they brought the wrong dish. There were about FOUR (average human) BITES of pasta in the dish. My husband's steak had "rubbery parts" (they never even asked how he wanted it cooked). They sat us next to a peanut gallery of city kids, and the room was cold. I asked for them to at least take off the two drinks we ordered and the romper room manager said she would see what she could do. She did take them off, but she was pissy and catty at best, and I was very patient while explaining while we were so unhappy. I should add, we got there 30 minutes early and they asked us to wait at the bar. We did. They only had about five tables seated at the time and did not take us earlier than our scheduled time. Fine, but even the barmaid was not friendly. Overall, a complete fail. This was COMPLETELY different than a few years ago when we visited and were seated in a booth in a more romantic corner of the place and the food was good. CLEARLY hanging on for dear life. NEVER again.

1  Thank Maria_Sebastian