“worst hotel ever. save your money”

Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon
Ranked #51 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 3 July 2017

this hotel is old, noisy, not well appointed. very disappointed in the hotel and how much money it cost. save your money....go elsewhere. the bathroom window doesn't lock, curtains were missing loop to hang, just not a nice place. do yourself a favor, find a better hotel

Room Tip: just don't
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank offwego2011
There are newer reviews for Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon

Reviewed 26 June 2017

the hotel was okay and in the evening I made a preliminary reservation for one extra night. Totally two nights. The room was clean but the train each 20 minutes kept me awake a lot. Anyway, in the morning I asked if it was okay to stay one extra night but then they told me they were fully booked. I told them I had been promised an extra night but no - that was not possible. So I checked out and found another place.
Now this was alright but then when I got back home I noticed they had charged me for two nights. I contacted American Express but to them Aspen Hotel in Flagstaff said "The customer never showed up"... indeed I did.
They refused to pay back for their misstake.

Room Tip: Good: Close to a good restaurant, Kachina. Bad: The trains are VERY disturbing.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2017

While the staff is very polite and the location is central the hotel itself is in serious need of an update. The atmosphere is dreary and depressing. There are no elevators, so plan accordingly if traveling with someone that needs assistance or small children. We will find other accommodations next time up the hill.

Room Tip: while we did not partake, there is a breakfast offered at this property.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen G
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

It was disgusting. The room was supposedly "just renovated" nasty pull out couch, ancient furniture and stained dirty carpet. I told my family to grab their bags and we were out of here. I do have to say the staff was very nice and refunded our money immediately. We ended up at the embassy suites Hilton and we thought we died and went to heaven.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

The bed was broken down. My husband and I kept rolling together in the middle. It was hard and lumpy. Just about everything in the bathroom was broken down. The faucet was wobbly, the toilet tank was about to fall off. The shower rod was also about to fall off the wall. The air conditioner was so noisy it was hard to fall asleep in that horrible bed. Do not stay in this dump!!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Flagstaff hotels
1.6 km away
Budget Inn
#25 of 65 in Flagstaff
3.6 km away
Best Western Pony Soldier Inn & Suites

Been to Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon

Address: 1008 E Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86001-4747
Region: United States > Arizona > Flagstaff
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #51 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Price Range: €57 - €158 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon 2.5*
Hotel Aspen starts off the day with a complimentary hot breakfast buffet with scrambled eggs, potatoes, homemade Belgian waffles and more. In the afternoon, swim in the outdoor seasonal pool or meet some new friends at the complimentary social hour. Surrounded by beautiful mountains and rugged desert canyons, this Flagstaff, Arizona hotel offers convenient, complimentary amenities just minutes from year around recreational activities and historic national monuments. In the city center : Centrally located in Flagstaff, this hotel is less than two miles from NAU, Lowell Observatory and historic downtown. Guests can enjoy the walking and jogging trails of the Urban Trail System and San Francisco Peak Mountains just steps from Hotel Aspen Flagstaff. Within a short drive, explore the Grand Canyon, Oak Creek Canyon or Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Aspen InnSuites Flagstaff / Grand Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Aspen Innsuites Flagstaff