“Can't Go Wrong Here”

Newk's Express Cafe
Ranked #32 of 463 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 February 2017

This place surprised us. I wouldn't have stopped in here except that I was invited to lunch. Prices were respectable and the food was great. We enjoyed sandwiches, salads and soups. Everything was great. A comparable restaurant would be Panera Bread. I would prefer this over Panera after this experience. The customer orders at the counter and then is served at the table. No concern about clean up because the staff takes care of your table trash. They seem to be truly concerned that you enjoy your food. Staff and management are very kind.
The place is clean and nicely decorated. One does not feel crowded in here. For the lunch crowd on a Monday, it was not heavy, but even if it had been full, it is a comfortable place to eat. One can hold a conversation in here without having to yell over the music.
We had a nice experience here and would return here when in the area.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

I really enjoy the food at Newk's, but have only eaten their salads. So good, I can't bring myself to try anything else, but don't eat lunch here often, because prices are a little high for me

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Great specialty salads and awesome sandwiches. Something for even the pickiest eater. You can get in and out quickly if you are in a hurry or you can leisurely enjoy your meal.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

We spent the night in Murfreesboro on our way to Florida and had dinner at Newk's. There are many things to choose from in this lively restaurant. Everything we had was delicious.

The staff needs to be much faster in cleaning off tables!

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

What fantastic eats! My husband and I really enjoyed our lunch. I had the Greek Salad with steak. It's the best Greek salad you could ask for, with lots of feta, olives, red onions, and a delicious dressing. My husband tried the Cuban sandwhich and said it was excellent. The service was speedy and friendly.