“Great Service; Good Food”

The Blue Cactus Cantina
Ranked #9 of 486 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: Southwestern, Cajun & Creole
Description: Blue Cactus Cantina is a fusion of southwest and cajun creole cuisines.
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I went to the Blue Cactus for a quick dinner. It was my first visit. I just came into town from Atlanta and wanted a comfortable yet unique food experience. This place combines Mexican and cajun foods along with a few American items with a cajun twist.

I ordered the Blackened Salmon tacos and the side of beans. I wanted a certain porter to drink but they no longer carry it, although it was on the menu. The waiter was apologetic and gave me a sample of another beer. It was okay but I went with a Blue Moon on tap. Later the waiter td me they had 50 cent Marguaritas and decided to try one.

The waiter was very attentive and ensured that I was doing okay. The food was great. The black salmon tacos were $10.95, the draft was 3. I was given a bit of a cut in the price due to the original beer was not available.

I would come back. The atmosphere was low key, relaxing and the food choices unique and varied.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We had been there several times and the food was amazing! This time, 2 of the 3 meals at our table had bad beef. I told the waitress and she acknowledged someone previously complaining about a steak that smelled on the down side of bad. I didn’t make a big fuss about it and I still tipped our waitress 20%. It’s the only time in my life that I can recall being served rotten meat. I’m torn now because this was my favorite little restaurant. I haven’t been back and I’m not sure if I will go back. Health inspector advised me that it was under recent ownership change so could they be irresponsible ? Could they have let a cooler fail? At any rate, the cook should have recognized the smell of decomposition before and after he/she cooked it. I just want this to be known if anyone has had the same issue, you’re not alone.

1  Thank Tony A
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Interesting concept, a hybrid restaurant of Mexican and Cajun!

My wife really enjoyed her meal, and the queso was top notch. I should have ordered a Mexican or Cajun dish, but I made a mistake and ordered the flat iron steak. My experience with the steak was not worth writing about, and I won't hold it against Blue Cactus based on my ignorance of not ordering one of their better dishes. We will be back and I will order something else before I pass judgement on them.

Again though, their queso was INCREDIBLE.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Tried the Cajun fondue. Awesome taste. Spicy but not overwhelming. Lots of flavor with crawfish, spinach and mushrooms. Finished off with the goat cheese and shrimp pasta. More great taste! Had a great summer drink with coconut and peach. Can’t remember the name. Loved it! Rarely give 5s but this deserved it!

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Our first visit and we’ll be back when we’re in town. Devon was an excellent server - friendly, knowledgeable and very polite. The Bloody Mary steak quesadillas were great. We were not disappointed!!