All reviewsroad tripclean roomshotel roomone night stayupon checkconvenient locationbusiness tripmontage mountaincassieupgradesuniversity
Reviewed 23 July 2018

My reservation was made in Dec. for a July stay. I made it through a booking site not directly with Sheraton. I called Sheraton directly to confirm the day before my trip and the date and type of room was confirmed.

We arrived at the hotel and was told there was no reservation under my name, and that the hotel was booked. I had my conformation from the booking site and they told me that the sites confirmation and theirs are different and that we shouldn't book with outside agencies. If they are so unreliable WHY are you doing business with them? If you work with these companies, then you ARE responsible.

The front desk staff called manager down and said they would see what they could do. While they did that I called Sheraton central booking once again, to see what they said. They said they had the reservation and that there shouldnt be a problem, but there was. ( he also added that I shouldn't book with agencies)

Manager came down and told them to give us a room even though they were booked. (i guess someone else would get bumped) I am glad the manager handled the issue and got us in.

The room was OK, its been a long time since I've been in a room with no fridge. The bathhroom was minute and you could barely turn around in it. The bed and coverings was very comfortable, and the heating/AC system worked great.

We had the room for three nights, and the room was NEVER cleaned. No maid service? A woman in the hall asked me if I needed towels one day, but that was it. Very disappointed and never in all my years have I seen that.

I will be following up with a complaint to corperate. Sheraton used to be a decent reliable place to stay. Not anymore.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Mukib R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback concerning your recent stay with us.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
We are very embarrassed and disappointed with our performance in delivering your expectations.
Please call us to discuss further in order to resolve this issue.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

This place was OK. The front desk and housekeeping were nice. Quick and easy check-in.

The rooms were eh. It wasn't very clean. The comforter and sheets had stains all over it. Everything else in the room looked "nice".

We went downstairs in the morning to get breakfast and it was a 30 minute wait! Half of the restaurant was full (5 tables) and there were 2 waiters. The guy told us, that they were "full".

Most likely won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Mukib R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback concerning your recent stay with us.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience we caused. We are very embarrassed with our performance in Housekeeping and F&B department. I have shared your concern with the department heads to avoid future re-occurance.
I am glad you had a positive experience with our Front Office and Housekeeping staff.
Please contact us on your next visit to Scranton so that we can offer you 50% discount on our regular room rate along with complimentary breakfast for two as a gesture of our good will.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

This is the only Starwood property in this area so I stayed here. I’ve stayed twice but will move on to a Marriott in the future. This hotel is very unappealing on the outside. The inside lobby looks like most Four Points. The rest of the hotel is not like most Four Points. The hallways are dark. The darkness adds to the dingy appearance of the hotel. The hotel is dusty, as the picture of my bathroom door, attached, shows. There was thick dust and hair all over the door. Lights in the hallway had no covers on them. Carpets were dirty. There were only two luggage carts for this hotel. Too large a hotel for only two. The room had a college sized square refrigerator. The pillows were very soft (I like, some may not). The bathrooms were very small. You have to step in the bathroom and to the side of the toilet to close the door. The front desk, housekeeping and restaurant staff were all very kind. The staff works with what they are given.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Mukib R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback concerning your recent stay with us.
We are very disappointed we were unable to meet your expectations and do apologize for the inconvenience.
I am glad you found our staff to be very accommodating and we are very proud of our team.
I have shared your concern with the appropriate team Leader to address all concern.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Our room was booked on Aeroplan rewards, so for the price the room was OK. Ice machine only worked on one of three floors. Our room had an odour that my wife mentioned. Generally the hotel requires a refresh. On a positive note, morning wait staff for breakfast service was awesome. Very caring, efficient and good conversationalist.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2018

I'm a Sheraton loyalist, so when we arrived in Scranton recently, I grabbed at the Four Points. That was a mixed bag.

The halls and the rooms are tired and feel old fashioned, although the room furnishings were comfortable and spotless. The employees ran the gamut from unengaged and unhelpful when we checked in, to helpful, responsible, and friendly when we checked out.

I suspect we could have done better.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abby B
Mukib R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Abby,
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay.
I am sorry your arrival experience was unpleasant and departure experience was pleasant. I have shared with appropriate department heads to address to ensure repeat issues at check in. Also many thanks for your feedback about our room products and the hall ambiance, will share with the appropriate team to consider improvement.
Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to having you back and earn your confidence back.