Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$235
View deal
Booking.comUS$235
PricelineUS$235
Hotels.comUS$235
TravelocityUS$235
Orbitz.comUS$235
HurbUS$270
All reviews lovely hotel oliver room comfortable bed full kitchen sitting area chose hotel small kitchen blackout curtains the hotel manager first floor living room common areas skyline drive main st great place to stay nice stay mimslyn inn
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2022

Yes the rooms are pricey compared to other hotels, but you get to stay right in the heart of Main St. Luray, easy walking distance to the Greenway. Lots of little quirks in the rooms, but that is part of the fun with finding out new things. Not a generic hotel room for sure.

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 7 August 2022

My family of 4 stayed in the Laura Suite for one night and a quick trip to visit Luray and the National Park.

We chose Hotel Laurance for the location (very walkable) and so we could spread out in the space with different bedrooms.

We weren’t there long but do have some tips to share if you are considering this property.

5 stars for communication - The hotel manager was great, she texted us information and a code the morning of our check-in and asked if we had any questions. Nice and easy contactless check-in.

5 stars for cleanliness and vibe - The hotel was very clean and decorated nicely with historical touches. Loved the artifacts and library with books/games.

3 stars for noise & light - Bring a white noise machine. We never heard other guests (we were also on the top floor), but with the property near the police and fire stations, and on a hill on the main street, we were woken up several times by sirens or engines gunning up the hill.

Streetlights stay on all night and the blinds didn't block the light so the bedroom never got dark. Then the sun comes through by 6:30 am. Management could install curtains in the bedrooms that could help mute the noise and the sun. I've read a few reviews about noise so some blackout curtains might help here.

5 stars for mattress and pillows - Beds were very comfortable, plenty of pillows and extra blankets too. We just didn't sleep great thanks to noise and light.

5 stars for kitchen - Very clean and very well stocked. Had everything we needed.

3 stars for living room/sitting area - Cute and clean, but the furniture was really uncomfortable. We had family game night and 3 of us ended up sitting on the floor to avoid the tiny, uncomfortable chairs. The little 2-person loveseat was nice, but someone used a hot glue gun to adhere fabric, I guess to protect the armrest? That seemed weird.

Overall a great stay and if we go back I’ll request a different room on the opposite side of the building so the sun doesn’t come in so early.

Room tip: In the summer choose a room on the side with the outdoor deck to avoid the early morning sun in the bedroom windows.
Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 25 July 2022

Very Noisy Hotel ..you can hear everything from children crying to a person shutting there down and also people above you dont plan on being intimate unless you want the entire hotel to hear you and that is a understatement!

Date of stay: July 2022
Hotel Laurance, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Laurance, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2022

Sean - I am so sorry to read this, people who have stayed in your room absolutely love it and enjoy our 20ft ceilings not to mention the history that this hotel holds. While like any hotel during check out there is more foot traffic I can assure you on that night you stayed with us there were no crying babies in the hotel nor was there anyone else on your floor area. The only guests that were with us that evening were located in our external rooms. I hope you will revisit and perhaps we can place you in another room off of the Main Street.

Reviewed 18 June 2022

We stayed there a few weeks ago, and absolutely loved the hotel. Our room was beautiful and comfortable. The
town was lovely as well. Management was very helpful and personable. We will definitely recommend and will come back.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2022

Upon arrival of our stay (4/28-5/1) we were the first of a wedding party to arrive to Hotel Laurance. We quickly learned that there was no staff on site and we should had received a text with a code to get into the room we booked months prior. I could not get anyone on the phone or emergency line as we had never received a code from the Hotel so the bride contacted the manager and was told she was on her way to the hotel to help us out as they had "lost our reservation" (this included the record of our deposit we had previously paid).

I spent an hour in the hotel lobby as I watched the manager struggle to figure out how to adjust the room rates as the prices of the hotel had gone up since we initially booked. She acknowledged she was aware something had happen to our reservation which was the first red flag, you would think she would of reached out to the bride in advance asking who had booked the room so we wouldn't had to wait around and deal with this the first day of the wedding weekend.

I'm aware we're all human and accidents happen so I patiently sat quiet while she/ the manager could not figure out the system. She then charged me over $1,000 for our $600 stay with out my permission, only telling me after the fact that the only way she could take honor the old prices we had booked for months prior was to charge me the new amount and refund me the $400 + difference.

This confused me so I asked for a print out of record with the refund and remained polite, because I didn't want to start the weekend off on a bad note. A few weeks go by and I log onto my account and notice that the $1,000 + charge is still on my credit card and there were no refunds ever issued back to the card.
I reached out to Hotel Laurance via email and voicemail. After being made aware of the situation, The manager has yet to call me on phone (only responds to SOME of my emails).

I asked her to call me multiply times as I feel I'm at least owed that respect, but she ahs yet to do so. She just claims that the refund was issued, but my Chase bank would disagree.

Anyways, moral of the story is very unprofessional experience.
I know another wedding guest has tried getting a hold of the manager leaving voicemails about how they had no hot water the entire time of their stay and has yet to hear back form them.

We too had no hot water the entire time (room 7) but were not bothered by that.
Cute hotel, great price but VERY UNPROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Date of stay: April 2022
1  Thank SydneyF137
Hotel Laurance, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Laurance, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2022

Sydney, we at Hotel Laurance are disappointed that you were not happy with your experience and chose to write a review with so many inaccurate statements and claims. The staff strives to make each guest's stay at Hotel Laurance a premium experience.